Annual conference to focus on ‘Leaving a Legacy, Fingerprints on the Heart’
Abraham Lincoln once said, in the end, “it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” The board members of The-End-of-Life-Coalition of Southeastern Wisconsin are dedicated to providing educational resources directly to professionals who deal with end-of-life issues so that each death is as valuable as the person experiencing it. Each year board members collaborate efforts to host a regionally respected conference.
This year’s event will be held Wednesday, September 15, at the Marcus Majestic Theatre in Brookfield, WI. Keynote speaker Joanne Lynn serves as a Medical Officer in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Office of Clinical Standards and Quality. Her work focuses on improving the quality and value of care for persons facing terminal illness. She has published more than 250 articles and dozens of books including The Handbook for Mortals, an information and counseling guide for the public. In addition to Lynn, several other renowned experts in the field will focus on this year’s theme ‘Leaving a Legacy, fingerprints on the Heart.’
Sponsorship is still available and will focus on providers who deal with end of life issues providing networking opportunities for educating professionals.
“As a non-profit group we critically rely on the sponsorship of important organizations who find this conference as valuable and all-encompassing as we do,” Wendy Hockett, president of the End-of-Life Coalition of Southern Wisconsin said. “We are pleased to once again offer this opportunity to professionals and hope the information made available the day of the event sends a wave of resources directly to the valuable people who deal with end-of-life concerns daily.”
For more information about this event, to register, or learn more about sponsorship opportunities visit www.wnd-of-lifecoalitionsewi.org or contact Jody Mayers, vice president (262)928-7472 or (262)880-8539 (mobile).
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- The fine line between enabling or disabling Waukesha inmates.
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event