The world's largest and most famous 3 on 3 basketball tournament, Gus Macker is coming to Brookfield on July 24 & 25. The tournament will be held at the former Menards site on West Bluemound Road. The event is proudly sponsored by Wheaton Franciscan--Elmbrook Memorial Hospital. The Gus Macker Tournament began in 1974 with 18 friends playing basketball in a driveway. Since its inception Gus Macker has maintained the hometown family friendly feel and has continued to grow, with tournaments being held throughout the United States. This year over 75 cities will host a Gus Macker with 200,000+ players participating in the event. July 24 & 25, 2010 will mark the first tournament to be held in Brookfield.
Teams are made up of 4 players of various ages and talents. Teams register for the chance to compete against other teams of similar make-up and win trophies and bragging rights. The Gus Macker tournament offers a mass appeal due to the family nature of the event and the fact that this tournament is designed by basketball players for basketball players. Anyone call play in the tournament male or female, young and old, short and tall, the most experienced to no experience at all. Teams can still register for the tournament through Sunday July 11, 2010. Players can register directly at http://www.macker.com.
Event organizers are also looking for referees, known as Gus Busters for the event. If you are a licensed official or a game enthusiasts with general game knowledge contact the Brookfield Convention & Visitors Bureau at 262-789-0220 for more information.
Don't miss this great opportunity to take part in the inaugural year of this outstanding community event! All proceeds will benefit local charities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Klotz One of Four Finalists for the Gagliardi Trophy
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Celebrate the Holiday Season with Trinity United Church of Christ
- Hamilton announces November students of the month
- Freshman Seminar collects, wraps gifts for adopted family
- Enjoy Mount Hope's Candlelight Christmas Concert This Sunday
- New Zounds Hearing Center Offers Greater Performance, Ease of Use for Hearing Aid Wearers
- Hear Ye, Hear Ye, The Bells are Ringing!
- Wauwatosa ESPRIT POMS (Seniors) and ESPRIT POMS (Juniors) Earn First Place and Second Places Honors at Badger State Pom Competition in Madison, WI
- FREE Parent/Child YOGA at Authentic Birth Center • Wellness Collective