The Waukesha Business Improvement District announces the one year anniversary Open House for Cookies Galore & More, LLC, 128 W. Broadway, this Saturday, June 26 from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Festivities include: door prize give-a-ways every hour; free cookie, cake and punch samples; the first 25 customers receive a discount off their purchase; and all kids will receive a free cookie and the opportunity to meet Gingie the gingerbread boy.
“We would like to congratulate Cookies Galore & More on their first anniversary in downtown Waukesha,” said Karen Richards, executive director of the Waukesha Business Improvement District. “It is always nice to celebrate the continued success of a downtown business.”
Cookies Galore & More is a bakery that specializes in freshly baked cookies, sweet breads, and muffins. “On average, we have 15 different varieties of cookies and breads made fresh each day,” said Courtney Wollenzien, owner of Cookies Galore & More. “All of our recipes have that ‘old- fashioned just they way Grandma used to make’ taste to them.”
Customers can now order custom cookies for special events and occasions. “In addition to our traditional cookies and sweet breads, we now offer custom cookie decorating,“ Wollenzien said. “We are happy to create and decorate cookies for special events or occasions.”
One year later, Wollenzien still enjoys coming into work. “Coming into my store makes my day, everyday,” Wollenzien said. “I am so happy being downtown Waukesha. I wouldn’t go anyplace else.”
Rich in history and packed with contemporary flavor, Historic Downtown Waukesha & Riverwalk is easy to find with two-way streets and ample parking that make it a friendly option. From I-94 exit at Hwy F south to Barstow, turn left to enter the Downtown Business District. From I-43, exit at Hwy 164 north; continue north to Main Street, turn left to enter the Downtown Business District. A variety of parking options are available including on-street parking, a variety of public parking lots and two parking structures for a total of 1,800 downtown parking spaces.
- Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington & Waukesha County Interfaith Agencies Collaborate to Address the Growing Need for Senior Transportation
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Five Tips for “Greening” the Kitchen From Callen Construction
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- The Financial Side of Being a Caregiver
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Residents Participate in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Sikich Moves In to the Top 10 on Milwaukee’s Annual Book of Lists
- 35th Annual Ice Age Trail Endurance Run