VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES IN WAUKESHA COUNTY:
“Cooking Assistant-Special Event: Have fun helping 4-6 Girl Scouts in grades 4th & 5th or 6th – 12th at Waukesha Technical College on June 28-30th and/or July 20-22nd from 9:00am-3:00pm. A chef and staff member will be instructing the event but the volunteer will help girls with specific recipes. A commitment of one day is requested but multiple days are welcomed. All volunteers must complete an application and background check.
Dental Hygienist: Use your training and skills to help low income and uninsured individuals obtain essential dental services! Volunteer hygienists will provide prophylaxis and scaling services at St. Joseph’s Medical & Dental Clinic in Waukesha daytime or evening shifts. Volunteers must be a graduate of an accredited school of dental hygiene. The ability to speak Spanish is a plus! All volunteers must complete an application and background check and provide a copy of their license.
Bike Trail Clean Up: Get outside and enjoy the weather while helping the environment! Volunteers will be helping individuals with disabilities while they volunteer to help clean up the Waukesha Bike Trail. Volunteer to help others Volunteer! This is a great opportunity for 14 year olds and older to volunteer during summer vacation, Monday-Friday 9-3pm. Choose your day and time.
Office Assistant: SHARE of S.E. WI in Butler has a very busy office one week each month. The next week is July 12-16th. The primary responsibilities will include taking food orders from walk-ins and by telephone. Accuracy is critical! Half day or full day shifts from 9-4pm are available. Volunteers that can help on multiple shifts are preferred.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: The United Way Volunteer Center in Waukesha County, 1717 Paramount Drive, Waukesha, 262-547-8459
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help