VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES IN WAUKESHA COUNTY:
“Cooking Assistant-Special Event: Have fun helping 4-6 Girl Scouts in grades 4th & 5th or 6th – 12th at Waukesha Technical College on June 28-30th and/or July 20-22nd from 9:00am-3:00pm. A chef and staff member will be instructing the event but the volunteer will help girls with specific recipes. A commitment of one day is requested but multiple days are welcomed. All volunteers must complete an application and background check.
Dental Hygienist: Use your training and skills to help low income and uninsured individuals obtain essential dental services! Volunteer hygienists will provide prophylaxis and scaling services at St. Joseph’s Medical & Dental Clinic in Waukesha daytime or evening shifts. Volunteers must be a graduate of an accredited school of dental hygiene. The ability to speak Spanish is a plus! All volunteers must complete an application and background check and provide a copy of their license.
Bike Trail Clean Up: Get outside and enjoy the weather while helping the environment! Volunteers will be helping individuals with disabilities while they volunteer to help clean up the Waukesha Bike Trail. Volunteer to help others Volunteer! This is a great opportunity for 14 year olds and older to volunteer during summer vacation, Monday-Friday 9-3pm. Choose your day and time.
Office Assistant: SHARE of S.E. WI in Butler has a very busy office one week each month. The next week is July 12-16th. The primary responsibilities will include taking food orders from walk-ins and by telephone. Accuracy is critical! Half day or full day shifts from 9-4pm are available. Volunteers that can help on multiple shifts are preferred.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: The United Way Volunteer Center in Waukesha County, 1717 Paramount Drive, Waukesha, 262-547-8459
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza Celebrates “Pi Day” with $3.14 Pizzas on Friday, March 14
- Greater Menomonee Falls Foundation accepting grant requests - applications due April 7!
- Doherty Named Distinguished Young Woman of Menomonee Falls for 2015
- Milwaukee Montessori School Welcomes Catherine Brys as Director of Child Care Program
- BELLWETHER’S PRIVATE LOAN FUNDING
- Holiday Food Drive For Hunger Task Force to be Featured in St. Patrick’s Day Parades
- BEHS Forensics Wins 2nd at Whitefish Bay Invitational
- Grand Opening of this New & Unique Shop Destination Shop to Carrie On
- Local Artists invited to participate in WRAP Exhibit and Workshop
- Author Recounts Exploration of Lake Michigan Ship Sunk in 1860