All the delights of spring were reflected inside the home of Mr. & Mrs. John Baratti on Sunday afternoon, the 2nd of May, 2010. About 35 guests enjoyed the event, one of the occasional private Tea Concerts given for and by members of the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee, an organization currently celebrating its 100th anniversary year.
The program included works by Frederick Chopin, Armas Jarnefelt, Franz Joseph Haydn, Georges Bizet, Gilbert & Sullivan, and a charming group of songs from Broadway and Hollywood sung by the hostess, Nancy Jo Baratti (pictured).
Waukesha pianist Robbi Ann Heighway opened the concert, followed by a woodwind trio comprised of flutist Linda Hartig of Waukesha, clarinetist Gail Hodkiewicz of Hales Corners, and oboist Judith Smeiska of Oconomowoc.
Another trio then "took the stage" singing the Card Trio from "Carmen" and "Three Little Maids" from The Mikado. The divas were soprano Sally Lane Schwarz of Menomonee Falls, mezzo-soprano Linda Ehlers of Milwaukee, and mezzo-soprano Judith Pilon of Wauwatosa. They were accompanied by Patty Clemens at the piano.
Lovely refreshments and lively conversation concluded the festivities and all were reminded of the Club's sixth and final public concert of the season: GATHERING ROSEBUDS, 7:30 Sunday, May 23rd, in the Nancy Kendall Theater at Cardinal Stritch University 's Joan Steele Stein Center in Fox Point. These concerts are free and music lovers from the Greater Milwaukee community are always welcome.
For program details, driving directions, or membership information, call 262-512-0909, email@example.com, or visit the Club's website at macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Calling All NaNoWriMo Participants!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Chantae Miller will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Hope Stiverson
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Catholic Memorial to hold Open Auditions for the Musical Pajama Game!
- YOUNG BROOKFIELD RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday
- Gnome Little Free Library