UW-MADISON WIND ENSEMBLE PERFORMS OUTREACH CONCERT IN BROOKFIELD
The UW-Madison Wind Ensemble will perform under the direction of Scott Teeple on Wednesday, April 28 at 7:00 p.m. at the Wilson Center in Brookfield. Admission is free, but those wishing to attend are urged to call the center’s box office in advance for tickets at (262) 781-9520. The concert will last about one hour without intermission.
The 60 members of the Wind Ensemble are primarily music majors at the School of Music, from freshmen to doctoral students. They claim a variety of career goals, from teaching music in public schools through free-lance performing and teaching at the college level. A number are from the greater Milwaukee area, including those from Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, Waukesha, Cudahy, Shorewood, Oconomowoc, Delafield, Delavan, Port Washington and Kenosha.
The program includes four works: “An Outdoor Overture” by Aaron Copland, conducted by Erik Jester, graduate assistant conductor; “Elsa’s Procession to the Cathedral” from “Lohengrin” by Richard Wagner, transcribed by Lucien Cailliet and conducted by Paul Bhasin, graduate assistant conductor; “Fantasy for Trombone” by Paul Creston, transcribed by J. Brubaker, featuring Mark Hetzler, associate professor of trombone at the School of Music, as soloist; and the Wisconsin premiere of “First Symphony for Band” by William Bolcom, a work that was commissioned by the UW-Madison Wind Ensemble through the Big Ten Band Directors Association.
The concert is generously sponsored by JoAnne and Donald Krause of Brookfield as the fourth annual outreach to Milwaukee-area families, presenting high-achieving students and faculty of the UW-Madison School of Music. A reception for performers and audience will follow the concert. The Sharon Lynne Wilson Center is located at 19805 W. Capitol Drive in Brookfield. For more information about the School of Music, visit music.wisc.edu or call (608) 263-1900.
Photo attached: Mark Hetzler, by Katrin Talbot
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility