Brookfield office wins GE canned food sculpture contest and donates prize money
BROOKFIELD, WI, April 23, 2010 – Today, GE Capital is donating $2,000 to the Waukesha Food Pantry, in addition to the 2,500 cans and food items donated earlier this month. Employees in Brookfield participated in a canned food drive and can sculpture building contest as part of a national GE Capital effort to aid local food banks and pantries at major sites across the U.S.
The GE Capital office in Brookfield built three can sculptures, and all three of the sculptures won first place - one at the local level and two at the national level. Of the national winners, one sculpture featured Kermit the Frog sitting on top of a recycle bin, and the other can sculpture was a racing sausage getting ready for a scan on a GE CAT Scan.
The first place teams won $1000 each, to be donated to the charity of their choice. Across the country, 17 GE Capital, Americas locations collected and donated over 30,000 cans and built 39 can sculptures.
“We are contributing our $2,000 prize to the Waukesha Food Pantry, to further our support of everything the Pantry does in our community,” said Jim Ambrose, President - HFS Equipment Finance. “This can sculpture competition was a great way for our employees to join together, collect food and make a big difference.”
“Our association with GE has brought in food when donations are low,” said Karen Tredwell, Executive Director Waukesha Food Pantry. “I continue to be impressed with the volume of food donated through the GE drives.”
About the Waukesha Food Pantry
The Waukesha Food Pantry’s vision is to eliminate hunger in Waukesha County. The Food Pantry serves over 7,000 individuals every month. They have recently concluded their 31st year of service to the community of Waukesha.
About GE Capital
GE Capital offers consumers and businesses around the globe an array of financial products and services. For more information, visit gecapital.com or follow company news via Twitter (@GECapital).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday concert will be performed by children’s orchestra
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Ellingson signs with University of Iowa
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce: Announces 2014 Board of Directors
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Holy Apostles Fish Fry
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Hawaii in December
- Donate to Toys for Tots and Win at the Settimi Chiropractic and Wellness Center of Brookfield
- Waukesha County Taxpayer’s Endorse