A high demand for the seasonal flu vaccine has led the Aurora Visiting Nurse Association to schedule additional flu clinics throughout the Greater Milwaukee area.
“Demand for the seasonal flu vaccine has been high,” said Lisa Taylor, R.N., coordinator of the VNA’s Shoo the Flu clinics. “The seasonal flu usually does not peak until January or February, so people still have plenty of time to get a seasonal flu shot.”
The clinics will take place at community locations throughout eastern Wisconsin.
Cost for a seasonal flu vaccination is $30 when paying by cash or check, and pneumonia shots are $45. Medicare Part B and Medicaid are accepted as payment.
Aurora Health Care has a single flu Web site that provides background information about the seasonal flu and H1N1 flu as well as where you can find flu immunizations throughout Aurora. Just log on to www.Aurora.org/flu to find an Aurora Pharmacy, doctor’s office, Aurora QuickCare or Aurora Visiting Nurse Association Shoo the Flu clinic near you.
Additional Shoo the Flu & Pneumonia Too! clinics scheduled for the Greater Milwaukee area include:
Monday, December 7
• 3 – 7 p.m. at Aurora Health Center, 205 Valley Ave., West Bend
• 3 – 7 p.m. at Aurora Pharmacy, 3900 Erie St., Racine
Tuesday, December 8
• 3 – 6:30 p.m. at Aurora Health Center, 5250 S. 108th St., Hales Corners
• 3 – 7 p.m. at Sendik’s Food Market, 10930 N. Port Washington Rd., Mequon
• 3 – 7 p.m. at Beaver Dam Piggly Wiggly, 810 Park Ave., Beaver Dam
Wednesday, December 9
• 3 – 7 p.m. at Sentry, 123 W. Oklahoma, Milwaukee
• 3 – 7 p.m. at Aurora Medical Center, 10400 75th St., Kenosha
Thursday, December 10
• 1 – 6 p.m. at South Milwaukee City Hall, 2424 15th Ave., South Milwaukee
• 3 – 7 p.m. at Majdecki’s Sentry, N81 W15182 Appleton Ave., Menomonee Falls
• 3 – 7 p.m. at Stinebrink’s Piggly Wiggly, 100 East Geneva Square, Lake Geneva
Monday, December 14
• 3 – 7 p.m. at Piggly Wiggly, 1300 Brown St., Oconomowoc
• 3 – 7 p.m. at Frank’s County Market, 3238 Main St., East Troy
Tuesday, December 15
• 3 – 7 p.m. at Aurora St. Luke’s Health Center, 14555 W. National Ave., New Berlin
• 3 – 7 p.m. at Aurora Wellness Center, 300 McCanna Pkwy., Burlington
Wednesday, December 16
• 3 – 7 p.m. at Fitzgerald Pharmacy, 424 E. Silver Spring Dr., Whitefish Bay
• 3 – 7 p.m. at Sendik’s Elmbrook, 2315 N. 124th St., Brookfield
Thursday, December 17
• 3 – 7 p.m. at Aurora Health Center, 1640 E. Sumner St., Hartford
The Aurora Visiting Nurse Association recommends following common-sense rules of hygiene and health care to avoid getting the flu:
o Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Discard the tissue immediately.
o Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often, especially after coughing or sneezing.
o Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
o Avoid contact with sick people.
o Get plenty of sleep.
o Eat a well-balanced diet.
o Drink plenty of fluids.
o Participate in physical activity and avoid stress as much as possible.
The Aurora VNA is a not-for-profit agency that has been committed to keeping people independent in their homes since 1907 and is the most comprehensive source of home care services in eastern Wisconsin. The VNA is part of Aurora Health Care, a not-for-profit health care provider and a national leader in efforts to improve the quality of health care. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Required School Supplies More than Families Can Afford
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Hurry! Hamilton Class of 60s-70s Reunion is Almost Here
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Waterstone Mortgage Corporation Named Platinum Million Dollar Lender
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show Announces Sponsors
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- Kathy's House Classic Golf Outing Planned