What started in 1987 as a small group of pastors from the Waukesha area has grown into a mission supported by more than 100 area congregations. Cooperating Congregations of Waukesha County (CCWC) has been serving the basic needs of financial assistance, food, clothing and child care in the area for more than 20 years.
According to Rev. Ted Romberg, President of Hope Center, the new name embodies the organization’s faith-based roots and, at the same time, shouts out what the organization provides to the community. The organization doesn’t want to appear exclusive, either. The new name will be more welcoming to the many supporters and volunteers who are not part of a congregation, and Hope Center is available to anyone in the community with a need. The organization has clearly moved beyond congregational service to the community as a whole.
But according to Ralph Zick, Executive Director of Hope Center, changing the name is just the beginning. With the rise of unemployment, more and more people are in need of help and what they need is changing, as well.
Hope Center plans to continue to evolve and provide new and better solutions to handle the growing needs of the community.
Hope Center is a non-profit organization that is committed to serving people in need in Waukesha County. In 2008, Hope Center provided over 30,000 direct units of service with its nine different programs and is continually the number one referral source from 211/First Call for Help.
For more information on Hope Center and how you can give or receive help, please call 262-549-8726 or visit their Web site at www.hopecenterwi.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Choristers to Hold Auditions
- Choristers to Present Christmas Concert
- Friends Holiday Book & Basket Sale
- Holy Apostles School Hosts 4K 5K Open House
- Temporary Closings at Waukesha County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Sites
- Cognitive Baselines Important Part of Student Athlete Concussion Protocol
- Unique Member-governed Business Model for Upstart Health Insurance Company
- Elmbrook Church Child Enrichment Center Partners with the Community in Sending Christmas Boxes to Children Around the World
- BACH CHAMBER CHOIR TO PERFORM WORKS BY VIVALDI, HANDEL, AND BACH