CRL Senior Living Communities, known for its Five-Star Nutritional Program, hosts first “Chopped Culinary Challenge”
CRL Senior Living Communities, an industry innovator with 16 facilities in Wisconsin and Illinois, will host its first “Chopped Culinary Challenge” on October 28 in its northern communities, and on October 29 in its southern locations. Chefs from eight CRL Senior Living Communities will compete for the CRL Silver Spoon Award. The public is invited to enjoy the fun and food at both events.
“Chefs will be given five ingredients, with one being unusual, and they will have 30 minutes to prepare an appetizer and 30 minutes to create an entrée for three judges to taste,” said Terri Mills, regional director of hospitality, for CRL Senior Living Communities. “The chefs will also prepare their favorite dessert to share with audience members during the Halloween-themed events.”
The North CRL Chopped Culinary Challenge heats up on Wednesday, October 28 from 3 to 5 p.m. at Island Shores, 131 E. North St., Neenah. It will feature chefs from four CRL Senior Living Communities, including Island Shores, Bellevue in Green Bay, and Bella Vista, and Lakeshore Manor in Oshkosh.
The CRL Chopped Culinary Challenge for CRL Senior Living Communities southern communities simmers to a rolling boil on Thursday, October 29 from 3 to 5 p.m. at Parkside Manor, 6300 67th St., Kenosha. Chefs from CRL’s Countryside Manor in Sheboygan, Northfield Manor in Menomonee Falls, Parkside Manor, and Fox Point in McHenry, Ill., will compete in the second challenge.
“Fueling the body with natural and healthy ingredients is the foundation of CRL’s nutritional meal program,” said Ari Weinberger, president of CRL Senior Living Communities. “Our ‘Chopped Culinary Challenge’ is a fun way to stir up interest in how serious CRL is about nutrition for our residents; it’s one of our key Life Enrichment Pillars.”
About CRL Senior Living Communities
At CRL Senior Living Communities, it is the company’s mission to provide new standards of therapeutic excellence in senior living by providing the best in healthcare through consistently blending nutrition, spiritual, mental and physical stimulation in an environment rich with safety, comfort, activities and a nurturing atmosphere.
With offices in Neenah, Wis., and Chicago, Ill., CRL Senior Living Communities specializes in operating and managing state-of-the-art senior care residences that deliver the highest standard of care in specially designed therapeutic environments. The company meets the needs of seniors with independent living, assisted living and Alzheimer’s/memory care communities. CRL currently owns and operates 14 communities in Wisconsin including Neenah, Oshkosh, Sheboygan, Sheboygan Falls, Menomonee Falls, Kenosha, Greenfield, Green Bay, DeForest; and 2 in McHenry, Ill.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility