Michael Gutzeit, MD, currently chief medical officer at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, also has been named vice president of Quality for the hospital.
In his expanded role, Dr. Gutzeit will be focused on driving quality at the hospital and serving as a resource to coordinate clinical quality for Children’s Hospital and Health System. He will continue to oversee the departments of Clinical Transformation/Patient Safety and Patient Health Information and, he will maintain oversight for The Joint Commission readiness process.
Dr. Gutzeit graduated from Loyola University of Chicago – Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, in 1985, and served as a pediatric resident at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. As a pediatrician working for Southwest Pediatrics, Dr. Gutzeit was part of the first practice to join Children’s Medical Group, a member of Children’s Hospital and Health System, in 1995. After assuming various leadership roles with the hospital’s Medical/Dental Staff, he was hired as vice president and chief medical officer of Children’s Hospital in April 2005. A board-certified pediatrician, Dr. Gutzeit also is an assistant clinical professor at The Medical College of Wisconsin.
He remains committed to his clinical practice, which focuses on providing care to patients with special needs.
Dr. Gutzeit and his wife, Nancy, reside in Brookfield, Wis.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taylor J. Poehls, DC, CKTP named Top Chiropractor for second straight year in “Best of Milwaukee 2013”
- Great Writers at St. Mary Parish School!
- Suburpia in Wauwatosa,WI is OPEN!
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, December 14, 2013
- Klotz One of Four Finalists for the Gagliardi Trophy
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Celebrate the Holiday Season with Trinity United Church of Christ
- Hamilton announces November students of the month
- Freshman Seminar collects, wraps gifts for adopted family
- Enjoy Mount Hope's Candlelight Christmas Concert This Sunday