Michael Gutzeit, MD, currently chief medical officer at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, also has been named vice president of Quality for the hospital.
In his expanded role, Dr. Gutzeit will be focused on driving quality at the hospital and serving as a resource to coordinate clinical quality for Children’s Hospital and Health System. He will continue to oversee the departments of Clinical Transformation/Patient Safety and Patient Health Information and, he will maintain oversight for The Joint Commission readiness process.
Dr. Gutzeit graduated from Loyola University of Chicago – Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, in 1985, and served as a pediatric resident at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. As a pediatrician working for Southwest Pediatrics, Dr. Gutzeit was part of the first practice to join Children’s Medical Group, a member of Children’s Hospital and Health System, in 1995. After assuming various leadership roles with the hospital’s Medical/Dental Staff, he was hired as vice president and chief medical officer of Children’s Hospital in April 2005. A board-certified pediatrician, Dr. Gutzeit also is an assistant clinical professor at The Medical College of Wisconsin.
He remains committed to his clinical practice, which focuses on providing care to patients with special needs.
Dr. Gutzeit and his wife, Nancy, reside in Brookfield, Wis.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- 1212 Bodyworks Grand Opening
- Four New Summer Music Classes Offered at White House of Music, Waukesha
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Movin’ & Lubin’ to Unveil Winning Company Slogan, Celebrate Opening May 28
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest