Brookfield mixed media artist Cheryl Watt and painter Elaine Zale are among the 91 juried artists who will show and sell a wide variety of art Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 1 and 2, at the 23rd Annual Firefly Art Fair in Wauwatosa.
The Firefly, held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the gardens of the Kneeland-Walker House at 7406 Hillcrest Dr., attracts artists from throughout the Midwest. The art fair benefits educational programs and preservation efforts of the Wauwatosa Historical Society.
Besides the art outside, many of the works created at the society’s first Plein Aire Affair outdoor painting competition July 9-16 will be exhibited inside the restored Victorian mansion, which will be open for tours.
The art fair features live music, grilled sandwiches, homemade pies and other desserts, root beer floats and beverages. Admission is $4 and is free for children 12 and younger.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Wisconsin Bank & Trust Expands Dedicated Mortgage Lending Offices in Brookfield, Madison and Green Bay
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- For all the golfers on your shopping list
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World