Brookfield mixed media artist Cheryl Watt and painter Elaine Zale are among the 91 juried artists who will show and sell a wide variety of art Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 1 and 2, at the 23rd Annual Firefly Art Fair in Wauwatosa.
The Firefly, held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the gardens of the Kneeland-Walker House at 7406 Hillcrest Dr., attracts artists from throughout the Midwest. The art fair benefits educational programs and preservation efforts of the Wauwatosa Historical Society.
Besides the art outside, many of the works created at the society’s first Plein Aire Affair outdoor painting competition July 9-16 will be exhibited inside the restored Victorian mansion, which will be open for tours.
The art fair features live music, grilled sandwiches, homemade pies and other desserts, root beer floats and beverages. Admission is $4 and is free for children 12 and younger.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends...An Evening for Adults
- Locally Owned MOZZALUNA PIZZERIA & RISTORANTE is doing a Free Pizza Give Away on 9/25/14
- Operation Forward March to Benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- Operation Forward March to benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- HillYeah! Named a Silver Spokes Team for 2014 Bike MS Fundraising Efforts
- Maple Avenue earns state high progress award
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Nain Lutheran Church Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- Milwaukee NARI Home Improvement & Remodeling Show