Brookfield mixed media artist Cheryl Watt and painter Elaine Zale are among the 91 juried artists who will show and sell a wide variety of art Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 1 and 2, at the 23rd Annual Firefly Art Fair in Wauwatosa.
The Firefly, held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the gardens of the Kneeland-Walker House at 7406 Hillcrest Dr., attracts artists from throughout the Midwest. The art fair benefits educational programs and preservation efforts of the Wauwatosa Historical Society.
Besides the art outside, many of the works created at the society’s first Plein Aire Affair outdoor painting competition July 9-16 will be exhibited inside the restored Victorian mansion, which will be open for tours.
The art fair features live music, grilled sandwiches, homemade pies and other desserts, root beer floats and beverages. Admission is $4 and is free for children 12 and younger.
- The Innocent Killer
- The Importance of Sleep
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Daylily Plant Sale
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- City of Brookfield annouces Summer Concert Series Line up
- Valedictorian: Wisconsin Connections Academy Taught Me More than Academics
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart – Bathroom Faucet Innovations and Designs Take It Up a Notch
- Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington & Waukesha County Interfaith Agencies Collaborate to Address the Growing Need for Senior Transportation