Brookfield Lacrosse Girls’ teams celebrated their third season at an end-of-year banquet. Several players were honored, including Varsity players Steph Hass (MVP Offense), Meghan Ernsbarger (MVP Defense), and Macz Norton (Most Improved).
The JV team finished 3rd in the new Milwaukee Area Youth Lacrosse Association JV girls league. JV players chosen by their teammates were Grace Barlow (MVP Offense), Kelsey Bohnert (MVP Defense), and Erica Engstrand (Most Improved).
Senior Varsity players Hass, Ernsbarger, Leah Mierow, Kelsey Schmitt, and Karissa Secora were chosen to participate in a Senior Recognition Game in conjunction with the Girls State Championship Game on May 30. Megan Baylerian, Katie Cimbalnik, Rachel Hershberger, Carolyn Lorenz, and Jaco Santulli were chosen to represent Brookfield in the Girls State High School Showcase on June 6th.
Seniors Ernsbarger and Secora passed the torch for 2010 team captains to Allie Banks and Baylerian. The teams’ success reflects the young talent in a respectable and growing sports program developed and nurtured by retiring Director Irene Secora.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives Nearly $1,500 to Two Schools in Inaugural Donations
- Our Family Miracle
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- Brookfield Civic Band and Chorus Winter Concert
- Local Residents Participate in MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET at Sunset Playhouse
- Care Right Inc. Brings “Senior Solutions” to Brookfield, Southeastern Wisconsin