Brookfield Lacrosse Girls’ teams celebrated their third season at an end-of-year banquet. Several players were honored, including Varsity players Steph Hass (MVP Offense), Meghan Ernsbarger (MVP Defense), and Macz Norton (Most Improved).
The JV team finished 3rd in the new Milwaukee Area Youth Lacrosse Association JV girls league. JV players chosen by their teammates were Grace Barlow (MVP Offense), Kelsey Bohnert (MVP Defense), and Erica Engstrand (Most Improved).
Senior Varsity players Hass, Ernsbarger, Leah Mierow, Kelsey Schmitt, and Karissa Secora were chosen to participate in a Senior Recognition Game in conjunction with the Girls State Championship Game on May 30. Megan Baylerian, Katie Cimbalnik, Rachel Hershberger, Carolyn Lorenz, and Jaco Santulli were chosen to represent Brookfield in the Girls State High School Showcase on June 6th.
Seniors Ernsbarger and Secora passed the torch for 2010 team captains to Allie Banks and Baylerian. The teams’ success reflects the young talent in a respectable and growing sports program developed and nurtured by retiring Director Irene Secora.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help