Wisconsin youth between the ages of 8-13 with moderate to severe asthma have an opportunity to run, jump, swim, and climb this summer at Camp WIKIDAS 2009.
Camp WIKIDAS, WIsconsin's only camp for KIDs with ASthma, will be held June 21-26 just one mile east of Wisconsin Dells at Camp Wawbeek in Columbia County.
Up to 90 kids who are on daily asthma medications will get a chance to swim, canoe, hike, and participate in other physical activities they wouldn’t usually partake in because of asthma. Camp WIKIDAS allows them to have fun and engage in these activities in a safe and medically supervised environment.
The Camp WIKIDAS medical staff includes at least two or three physician allergists and numerous registered and practical nurses, respiratory therapists and pharmacists. These dedicated health care professionals supervise the daily administration of medications and provide 24-hour medical assistance.
Campers also attend instructional sessions where they learn how to manage their asthma in daily life. They forge relationships with children like themselves, realizing that other kids struggle with asthma too.
For more information or to register a child for Camp WIKIDAS, contact the American Lung Association in Wisconsin at 262-703-4200 or visit www.lungwi.org. A $150 deposit is required at time of registration and a $155 balance ($305 total) is due upon the child's arrival at camp. Camp scholarships are available for those who qualify for financial assistance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Hamilton National Honor Society to sponsor blood drive