Wisconsin youth between the ages of 8-13 with moderate to severe asthma have an opportunity to run, jump, swim, and climb this summer at Camp WIKIDAS 2009.
Camp WIKIDAS, WIsconsin's only camp for KIDs with ASthma, will be held June 21-26 just one mile east of Wisconsin Dells at Camp Wawbeek in Columbia County.
Up to 90 kids who are on daily asthma medications will get a chance to swim, canoe, hike, and participate in other physical activities they wouldn’t usually partake in because of asthma. Camp WIKIDAS allows them to have fun and engage in these activities in a safe and medically supervised environment.
The Camp WIKIDAS medical staff includes at least two or three physician allergists and numerous registered and practical nurses, respiratory therapists and pharmacists. These dedicated health care professionals supervise the daily administration of medications and provide 24-hour medical assistance.
Campers also attend instructional sessions where they learn how to manage their asthma in daily life. They forge relationships with children like themselves, realizing that other kids struggle with asthma too.
For more information or to register a child for Camp WIKIDAS, contact the American Lung Association in Wisconsin at 262-703-4200 or visit www.lungwi.org. A $150 deposit is required at time of registration and a $155 balance ($305 total) is due upon the child's arrival at camp. Camp scholarships are available for those who qualify for financial assistance.
- Milwaukee local graduates from Concord Law School
- Annex Wealth Management Named to Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers List for Third Consecutive Year
- Bertka Appointed to Medical College Faculty
- Lubar Supply Chain Team Ranks Third in World Competition
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce holds ribbon-cutting for Network Health
- Archery For Women
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd