Wisconsin youth between the ages of 8-13 with moderate to severe asthma have an opportunity to run, jump, swim, and climb this summer at Camp WIKIDAS 2009.
Camp WIKIDAS, WIsconsin's only camp for KIDs with ASthma, will be held June 21-26 just one mile east of Wisconsin Dells at Camp Wawbeek in Columbia County.
Up to 90 kids who are on daily asthma medications will get a chance to swim, canoe, hike, and participate in other physical activities they wouldn’t usually partake in because of asthma. Camp WIKIDAS allows them to have fun and engage in these activities in a safe and medically supervised environment.
The Camp WIKIDAS medical staff includes at least two or three physician allergists and numerous registered and practical nurses, respiratory therapists and pharmacists. These dedicated health care professionals supervise the daily administration of medications and provide 24-hour medical assistance.
Campers also attend instructional sessions where they learn how to manage their asthma in daily life. They forge relationships with children like themselves, realizing that other kids struggle with asthma too.
For more information or to register a child for Camp WIKIDAS, contact the American Lung Association in Wisconsin at 262-703-4200 or visit www.lungwi.org. A $150 deposit is required at time of registration and a $155 balance ($305 total) is due upon the child's arrival at camp. Camp scholarships are available for those who qualify for financial assistance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- 1212 Bodyworks Grand Opening
- Four New Summer Music Classes Offered at White House of Music, Waukesha
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Movin’ & Lubin’ to Unveil Winning Company Slogan, Celebrate Opening May 28
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest