The National League of Junior Cotillions, Greater Milwaukee Area Chapter, hosted its first event of the season on April 30, 2009. The annual Parents’ Reception, led by regional director, Deborah Dunlap, was a wonderful opportunity for parents to learn more about the organization and register their child for membership. Deborah Dunlap gave a brief overview of the company history, spoke about subjects the students will learn over the course of 9 months (including manners, social skills, common courtesies and ballroom dancing).
In addition to meeting Deborah Dunlap, the parents were asked to walk around the room to look at the display tables. The displays gave the parents further insight on the curriculum the students will learn including tips on formal thank you notes, written RSVPs, Netiquette (Internet etiquette), telephone/cell phone and text messaging manners, formal place settings and NLJC standards. Fresh flowers and elegant treats were also part of the offerings for parents at the reception.
Registrations are currently being accepted for students in grades 5-8 of the cotillion program. To register, or if you would like to know more about the Greater Milwaukee Area Chapter of the NLJC, please contact Deborah Dunlap at 414-463-1243 or by email at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help