The National League of Junior Cotillions, Greater Milwaukee Area Chapter, hosted its first event of the season on April 30, 2009. The annual Parents’ Reception, led by regional director, Deborah Dunlap, was a wonderful opportunity for parents to learn more about the organization and register their child for membership. Deborah Dunlap gave a brief overview of the company history, spoke about subjects the students will learn over the course of 9 months (including manners, social skills, common courtesies and ballroom dancing).
In addition to meeting Deborah Dunlap, the parents were asked to walk around the room to look at the display tables. The displays gave the parents further insight on the curriculum the students will learn including tips on formal thank you notes, written RSVPs, Netiquette (Internet etiquette), telephone/cell phone and text messaging manners, formal place settings and NLJC standards. Fresh flowers and elegant treats were also part of the offerings for parents at the reception.
Registrations are currently being accepted for students in grades 5-8 of the cotillion program. To register, or if you would like to know more about the Greater Milwaukee Area Chapter of the NLJC, please contact Deborah Dunlap at 414-463-1243 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin’s Living History Artist Ride Photoshoot
- WCTC offers Home Building Seminar in October
- Are you game? Test your Backgammon mettle
- Award winning WWII book to be discussed at the Brookfield Library
- Newcastle Place to Host Oktoberfest Celebration
- Germantown Business's Continued Growth
- R.A. Smith National Named a “2015 Best Firms to Work For” in the Nation by Zweig Group
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Thanks Donors with Complimentary Gas Card
- IKE Football Celebrating 20th Anniversary of 1995 State Championship
- Get up, get out, get active at free Day of Play event!