The National League of Junior Cotillions, Greater Milwaukee Area Chapter, hosted its first event of the season on April 30, 2009. The annual Parents’ Reception, led by regional director, Deborah Dunlap, was a wonderful opportunity for parents to learn more about the organization and register their child for membership. Deborah Dunlap gave a brief overview of the company history, spoke about subjects the students will learn over the course of 9 months (including manners, social skills, common courtesies and ballroom dancing).
In addition to meeting Deborah Dunlap, the parents were asked to walk around the room to look at the display tables. The displays gave the parents further insight on the curriculum the students will learn including tips on formal thank you notes, written RSVPs, Netiquette (Internet etiquette), telephone/cell phone and text messaging manners, formal place settings and NLJC standards. Fresh flowers and elegant treats were also part of the offerings for parents at the reception.
Registrations are currently being accepted for students in grades 5-8 of the cotillion program. To register, or if you would like to know more about the Greater Milwaukee Area Chapter of the NLJC, please contact Deborah Dunlap at 414-463-1243 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Judi Murphy of Murphy Associates honored with Chamber Champion Award
- Knapp Chiropractic Adopts A Local Family
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives More than $600 to Two Schools in Second Round of Donations
- Brookfield's Knights of Columbus Are Santa's Helpers for Milwaukee's Poor
- Middle School Students Gather Toys for Milwaukee's Poor
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Brookfield resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County