The National League of Junior Cotillions, Greater Milwaukee Area Chapter, hosted its first event of the season on April 30, 2009. The annual Parents’ Reception, led by regional director, Deborah Dunlap, was a wonderful opportunity for parents to learn more about the organization and register their child for membership. Deborah Dunlap gave a brief overview of the company history, spoke about subjects the students will learn over the course of 9 months (including manners, social skills, common courtesies and ballroom dancing).
In addition to meeting Deborah Dunlap, the parents were asked to walk around the room to look at the display tables. The displays gave the parents further insight on the curriculum the students will learn including tips on formal thank you notes, written RSVPs, Netiquette (Internet etiquette), telephone/cell phone and text messaging manners, formal place settings and NLJC standards. Fresh flowers and elegant treats were also part of the offerings for parents at the reception.
Registrations are currently being accepted for students in grades 5-8 of the cotillion program. To register, or if you would like to know more about the Greater Milwaukee Area Chapter of the NLJC, please contact Deborah Dunlap at 414-463-1243 or by email at email@example.com.
- Brookfield Safety Town: Then and Now
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce sponsoring Waukesha regional job fair
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- The Flying Electrons Airfest 2016
- Toomas Mitt and TBG Networks change direction of company; introduces POM services