The John K. MacIver Institute for Public Policy is proud to announce the hiring of Brian Fraley as their director of communications.
“We are thrilled to bring Brian on board the MacIver team,” said Brett Healy, President of the MacIver Institute. “A committed conservative and an effective communicator, Brian Fraley will play an integral role as the MacIver Institute continues to develop its presence and reputation.”
Fraley, a veteran communications professional with two decades of political and public relations experience, will oversee MacIver’s media relations, online and social networking presence and research publishing operations. He began his duties Monday.
“There is a hunger in this state for more substantive discussion of issues surrounding liberty and limited government,” said Fraley. “The MacIver Institute is emerging as a leader in providing research and data that support public policies that champion what I, and so many others, believe in. I am honored to get in on the ground floor of what we hope will become the preeminent home for conservative thought in Wisconsin.”
Fraley recently concluded managing Rose Fernandez’ pro-reform campaign for State Superintendent of Public Instruction. In 2008, he served as Executive Director of the Wisconsin Institute for Leadership and he has operated his own consulting firm since 2005.
Before running his own business, Fraley served as the Senior Vice President for State Affairs at America's Health Insurance Plans in Washington, DC. Fraley has also served as the national Health and Human Services Task Force Private Sector Chairman for the American Legislative Exchange Council.
Prior to his work in the health care industry, Fraley spent more than a dozen years in the Wisconsin legislative and political arenas, including serving as a Chief of Staff and Senate Caucus Director in Madison, as Congressman Mark Neumann's first press secretary and as Political Director of the State Republican Party.
Fraley holds a Bachelors of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of Wisconsin and currently resides in Brookfield with his wife, Sarah.
The John K. MacIver Institute for Public Policy is a free market think tank that advances the idea that individual freedom, limited government and personal responsibility are the best principles for the development of effective public policies in Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- United Way in Waukesha County Weekly Press Release
- Brookdale and Wish of a Lifetime™ Grant Brookfield Senior’s Wish
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- I/O Technologies Relocates to Accommodate Continued Business Growth, New Staff
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22