Divine Savior Holy Angels High School (DSHA) senior and Brookfield resident Laura Volkert recently received a Gold Key award in the annual Wisconsin Regional Scholastic Art Competition. She was one of 350 students out of 1,500 statewide to receive an award in this competition and one of only 253 to receive a Gold Key Award.
Gold Key Award–winning artworks continue on to the national competition, along with those from over sixty-five other regional competitions throughout the nation. Laura received the award for a self-portrait in oil that she created in her painting class.
Laura was also honored with the prestigious American Vision Award (one of five top of show awards).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wayne Vandenbergh Joins R.A. Smith National as Structural Services Project Manager
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: New Consumer Reports Data Highlight Patients’ Satisfaction with Chiropractic Care
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon
- Community Canine Health Clinic
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Puzzles Good for a Child’s Developing Brain
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on January 28, 2015
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Daddy & Daughter Dance Party
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County