Divine Savior Holy Angels High School (DSHA) senior and Brookfield resident Laura Volkert recently received a Gold Key award in the annual Wisconsin Regional Scholastic Art Competition. She was one of 350 students out of 1,500 statewide to receive an award in this competition and one of only 253 to receive a Gold Key Award.
Gold Key Award–winning artworks continue on to the national competition, along with those from over sixty-five other regional competitions throughout the nation. Laura received the award for a self-portrait in oil that she created in her painting class.
Laura was also honored with the prestigious American Vision Award (one of five top of show awards).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Required School Supplies More than Families Can Afford
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Hurry! Hamilton Class of 60s-70s Reunion is Almost Here
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Waterstone Mortgage Corporation Named Platinum Million Dollar Lender
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show Announces Sponsors
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- Kathy's House Classic Golf Outing Planned