Divine Savior Holy Angels High School (DSHA) senior and Brookfield resident Laura Volkert recently received a Gold Key award in the annual Wisconsin Regional Scholastic Art Competition. She was one of 350 students out of 1,500 statewide to receive an award in this competition and one of only 253 to receive a Gold Key Award.
Gold Key Award–winning artworks continue on to the national competition, along with those from over sixty-five other regional competitions throughout the nation. Laura received the award for a self-portrait in oil that she created in her painting class.
Laura was also honored with the prestigious American Vision Award (one of five top of show awards).
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- The fine line between enabling or disabling Waukesha inmates.
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event