Divine Savior Holy Angels High School (DSHA) senior and Brookfield resident Laura Volkert recently received a Gold Key award in the annual Wisconsin Regional Scholastic Art Competition. She was one of 350 students out of 1,500 statewide to receive an award in this competition and one of only 253 to receive a Gold Key Award.
Gold Key Award–winning artworks continue on to the national competition, along with those from over sixty-five other regional competitions throughout the nation. Laura received the award for a self-portrait in oil that she created in her painting class.
Laura was also honored with the prestigious American Vision Award (one of five top of show awards).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Waukesha WRAP Artist Exhibit Winners heading to State contest
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde
- SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN FESTIVAL OF BOOKS ANNOUNCES CO-CHAIRS and DATE OF EVENT
- Andrew Utic Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Muskego Youth Swims to Second Place Finish at State Finals
- Junior Lancer Football SignUp