Oconomowoc, WI…Joan Carey, founder and executive director of Firstfruits Apostolate, Inc., will be the guest speaker at a special event called "Seeing The Divine In The Ordinary". The event, sponsored by WINGS (Women In God's Spirit) will be held Thursday, September 18 at St. Jerome Church – Marian Hall, 995 S. Silver Lake Street, Oconomowoc. The program begins at 6:30 pm with a social gathering and refreshments.
Joan Carey is founder and executive director of Firstfruits Apostolate, Inc., a non-profit organization that provides discipleship formation and leadership development for women. Carey has served as a keynote speaker, presenter and workshop leader. She is co-creator of Simply The WORD a Catholic scripture study. She has written a collection of modern day parables entitled, Ponder This. Her Ponder This stories have been featured on Relevant Radio and on the Archdiocese of Milwaukee website at www.livingourfaith.net. Carey lives in Elm Grove, WI and is married with three grown children.
WINGS (Women In God's Spirit) is a new faith enrichment group for women of all ages at St. Jerome Parish in Oconomowoc. Sally Nicholson, program director states "Our mission is to build a strong Catholic women's community at St. Jerome Parish that fosters interaction and provides opportunities to deepen our faith, enhance spirituality and grow in our relationship with God".
For more information and to register (by September 16) for this special WINGS event email Brenda Stieber at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Diane Zastrow 262-569-9623. Cost to attend is $5 – fee offsets speaker and program costs (pay at door).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield's Knights of Columbus Are Santa's Helpers for Milwaukee's Poor
- Middle School Students Gather Toys for Milwaukee's Poor
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Brookfield resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Brandish Creative Group launches to support regional small businesses
- City of Brookfield's Winter/Spring Activity Registration, January 10, 2015
- Merry Christmas to the World!