FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information Contact:
Mary Makowski, Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(August 20, 2014)—United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following volunteer opportunities:
Apple Harvest Festival - Waukesha
The 28th Annual Apple Harvest Festival will be taking place this year on September 20th. The success of this event is directly related to the unselfish commitment and dedication of our many volunteers whose time and energy we greatly appreciate. Volunteers are needed in approximately 3 hour shifts throughout t the day to help with a variety of activities. Additional help will be needed in the days before the festival to get set up. Volunteers must be a minimum of 14 years old.
Meals on Wheels Drivers – Waukesha County
Meals on Wheels needs help over the lunch hour delivering meals to the elderly and disabled who many not otherwise be able to eat a hot, home cooked meal. If you have a few hours to spare once a week, or even once a month, please consider helping.
Guest Greeter - Eagle
This individual will be the first point of contact for guests and tours that arrive at Old World Wisconsin. Volunteer greeters engage and welcome the general public, tour leaders, and other groups, including school field trips, youth and community groups, and adult tours. You will provide guests with information regarding the museum's daily activities and special events and answer any questions related to museum activities, events, and facilities. You will help orient guests with the museum site, which includes an explanation of site maps, tram schedules, and directions to areas of interest. Additionally, volunteer greeters provide tour leaders and teachers leading school groups with instructions regarding their specific itinerary and schedule.
Fall Yard Clean Up – Waukesha County
Are you a family looking to help out a neighbor? Are you a large group looking for service hours? Are you an individual who wants to give back to your community? We need your help! We need energetic volunteers to prepare the homes of seniors and adults with disabilities in Waukesha County for winter. Sign up your family, congregation, community group or business for Fall Yard Clean Up today.
You pick the day (between October 18 through November 16th) and we coordinate the rest. You will be placed in a location that you want to help out in. You will also be able to help out with as few or as many houses as your or your group wants to help with. This is a completely flexible position! It's just that easy, and the homeowners truly appreciate your help!
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- 1212 Bodyworks Grand Opening
- Four New Summer Music Classes Offered at White House of Music, Waukesha
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Movin’ & Lubin’ to Unveil Winning Company Slogan, Celebrate Opening May 28
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest