FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information Contact:
Mary Makowski, Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(August 20, 2014)—United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following volunteer opportunities:
Apple Harvest Festival - Waukesha
The 28th Annual Apple Harvest Festival will be taking place this year on September 20th. The success of this event is directly related to the unselfish commitment and dedication of our many volunteers whose time and energy we greatly appreciate. Volunteers are needed in approximately 3 hour shifts throughout t the day to help with a variety of activities. Additional help will be needed in the days before the festival to get set up. Volunteers must be a minimum of 14 years old.
Meals on Wheels Drivers – Waukesha County
Meals on Wheels needs help over the lunch hour delivering meals to the elderly and disabled who many not otherwise be able to eat a hot, home cooked meal. If you have a few hours to spare once a week, or even once a month, please consider helping.
Guest Greeter - Eagle
This individual will be the first point of contact for guests and tours that arrive at Old World Wisconsin. Volunteer greeters engage and welcome the general public, tour leaders, and other groups, including school field trips, youth and community groups, and adult tours. You will provide guests with information regarding the museum's daily activities and special events and answer any questions related to museum activities, events, and facilities. You will help orient guests with the museum site, which includes an explanation of site maps, tram schedules, and directions to areas of interest. Additionally, volunteer greeters provide tour leaders and teachers leading school groups with instructions regarding their specific itinerary and schedule.
Fall Yard Clean Up – Waukesha County
Are you a family looking to help out a neighbor? Are you a large group looking for service hours? Are you an individual who wants to give back to your community? We need your help! We need energetic volunteers to prepare the homes of seniors and adults with disabilities in Waukesha County for winter. Sign up your family, congregation, community group or business for Fall Yard Clean Up today.
You pick the day (between October 18 through November 16th) and we coordinate the rest. You will be placed in a location that you want to help out in. You will also be able to help out with as few or as many houses as your or your group wants to help with. This is a completely flexible position! It's just that easy, and the homeowners truly appreciate your help!
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility