Holy Cross to host “Something for Everyone,” a Community Block Party Celebration on September 5th and 6th
It’s a celebration for folks of all ages, and it is Free! All are Welcome.
An inter-generational fellowship event for the congregation and community is planned for September 5th and 6th at Holy Cross Lutheran Church.
The fun begins on Friday night at 6:00pm with a ‘Walk around the Block’ followed by ‘Movie Night under the Tent’ featuring The Lego Movie at 7:00pm, which will include ice cream and popcorn for all.
Beginning at noon Saturday, games, entertainment and activities are planned for ages 1 to 100. A game and activity tent will be set up so, rain or shine, participants can be engaged in the fun. Inflatables will give the chance to bounce off some energy. Also included are racing, inflatable ponies. A rock climbing wall is another special addition this year. Face painting, a clown and a “cupcake walk” are featured in the children’s area throughout the day.
The first class musical offerings include a special treat. That is the renderings of Ian Gould, a guitarist and singer from Belfast, Ireland. Ian will share his Irish wit and his striking voice. His shows feature pub spirit and conjure up images of Ireland. Preceding Ian will be the toe-tapping Polka Band, 2nd Edition, and the Summer Singers choral group.
Following is the full eclectic entertainment program:
12:00 – 2:00 2nd Edition Polka Band
2:00 - 3:00 The Summer Singers; “You name it, they sing it!”
3:00 - 4:30 Ian Gould, Celtic Irish contemporary music
5:00 - 6:00 Worship under the tent
6:00 - 7:00 Celebration Band … Holy Cross’ own contemporary musicians
In addition to the above, "Silent Movie Music" with Holy Cross Music Director Mike Jacklin will be presented in the church sanctuary. This fun event features the showing of a short silent comedy, dramatically accompanied by the organ. It will be presented at 1pm, 2pm and 3pm.
Food will be available from noon to 7:00pm.
Holy Cross’ Senior Pastor Meredith Bedker Musaus explained, “We planned this year’s festivities with people of all ages in mind…families with children, seniors, and everyone in between. Remember … all are welcome and admission is FREE. All you need to do is show up and get in on the fun!”
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- The fine line between enabling or disabling Waukesha inmates.
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event