FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information Contact:
Mary Makowski, Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(July 23, 2014)—United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following volunteer opportunities:
Meal Delivery Drivers Needed – Sussex
Do you have extra time over the lunch hour to help deliver meals to seniors? Drivers are needed to help deliver meals to homebound senior living in Brookfield, Menomonee Falls, Sussex and Waukesha. Help out weekdays from 11:00 am - 12:30 pm. Individuals, couples, friends and neighbors can do this together. Training and mileage reimbursement is provided.
Baby Shower Volunteers – Waukesha
Help us host a baby shower! The items received during the shower will go directly to innocent babies in our community. Many of the babies in our program come from disadvantaged homes where basic necessities are not "a given". Volunteers will have 2 hour shifts at our booths set up at local Pick'N Saves. The date of the event is August 1st, from 10:00am-4:00pm, and August 2nd from 10:00am-3:00pm.
Help Teach Kids how to Handle Various Emergencies – Summit
Yell and Tell Program: Do you enjoy children and want to help to keep them safe? Aurora Medical Center Summit participates in a community education program called Yell and Tell. This program teaches children what to do in case of various emergencies. We are looking for volunteers that would like to commit with learning the material and participating in educating the children. Volunteers must be 22 years or older. Training will be provided.
Volunteer Electrician - Waukesha
Share your electrician skills! An experienced person, willing to be called for occasional electrical repairs, is needed. We're looking for an adult with knowledge and experience in small electrical repairs. Duties may include: fixing fluorescent light fixtures, repairing indoor exit signs, etc. Requirements are that volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years old, you will need to bring your own tools and ladder (If necessary), and a criminal background check is required.
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BIRCofWI Community Store: Resale, Thrift, and Gift Shop The Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc. is moving from Big Bend to Waukesha, Wisconsin!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Types of Allergies
- SDNB Awarded $100K for Innovative School-to-Work Programs
- Youth Cheerleading Registration Now Open!
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Meal!
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness