FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information Contact:
Mary Makowski, Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(July 16, 2014)—United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following volunteer opportunities:
Mentors Needed at Area Schools– Milwaukee
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Milwaukee is seeking adult volunteers to mentor elementary-aged children in structured school settings in the City of Waukesha. Male and female mentors, ages 18 and older are needed. In this school-based program, volunteers (Bigs) who have been matched with a child (Little) meet weekly for a minimum of one hour either during the school day or after school. Together, the volunteer mentor and the child concentrate on academic achievement, recreational activities and emotional development. Enrollment is seasonal. All volunteers must go through a thorough screening process which includes a formal application, layered criminal background screening, references checks and an in-person interview. We ask for a minimum two-year relationship and the availability to meet with the child on a weekly basis. For our school-based program, all volunteers must be 18 years or older and out of high school.
Set up Assistance for Bike MS – Whitewater
Assist in the overall set-up of tables, chairs, signage and other equipment and supplies. This is a very fast-paced and hands-on position. Great for individual volunteers and large groups! Event is on August 2nd, and set up volunteers are needed from approximately 9:00am-12:00pm. Must be 18 years or older.
Data Entry - Waukesha
Stillwaters Cancer Support Services is seeking a dedicated volunteer to join our valued data entry team. This individual would be responsible for entering confidential information into our database. You will have the opportunity to work independently and make a positive impact on our daily function. We are asking for two, four hour shifts per month at our Waukesha office. We can be flexible with both time and day of the week, but do ask for consistency. The right volunteer will receive training from our program director, but basic computer, typing and database skills are needed. Because of the confidential nature of the information, you will also be asked to submit to a background check. Must be 18 years or older.
Clerical Office Volunteer- Waukesha
We are seeking a volunteer to support our dedicated staff with office tasks. Your duties would include stuffing envelopes, answering phones, filing etc. Volunteers are needed Monday through Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm; scheduling is flexible. On the job training will be provided. A requirement is that volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years old. Volunteers must possess excellent communication skills and a friendly disposition.
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility