The 48th annual Waukesha County Courthouse Art Purchase Award contest which is co-sponsored by the Waukesha County Courthouse and the Waukesha Creative Arts League is underway! Waukesha County residents 18 years of age and older are eligible to enter. A cash award of $350 will be awarded Best of Show and will be on display as a part of the Courthouse’s permanent art collection. There will also be cash awards for Second and Third Place winners. In addition, there will be ribbons and certificates awarded to honorable mentions, a People’s Choice, and a Fellow Artist.
A professional artist will judge the work, which must be original (no kits, crafts, or copies of originals such as lithographs or giclees will be accepted. Work may be either 2 or 3-dimensional.
To obtain an entry form, email the coordinator Jan Wood at email@example.com, or call her at 414-422-0681 (leave a message with spelling of your name and provide address and phone number).
Dates to remember:
Entry form and fee of $20 ($15 if WCAL member) due Friday September 19th, 2014.
Artwork drop off at the Waukesha County Courthouse is Wednesday, October 1st, between 4 – 6 p.m. Address is 515 W. Moreland Blvd, Waukesha WI. Bring up to two pieces, use the main entrance. The art gallery is in the lower level
Artists Reception is Wednesday October 8th from 5 – 8 p.m.
Winners will be announced to the public Monday, October 13th.
Show ends and artwork is to be picked up Wednesday, October 29th between 4 – 6 p.m.
Best of luck to all who enter!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Aqua Sprites Cure the Winter Blues
- Hilarious and Heartwarming "Holidays At My House" One-Woman Show!
- Natural Back Pain Relief
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Awards SPARK Grant to Life's Connection
- Puzzles and Games that Exercise the Brain
- Zion Lutheran Craft and Bake Sale
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- SUNSET PLAYHOUSE PRESENTS CROONER CHRIS MARIANI IN HAVE A COOL YULE
- OCONOMOWOC STUDENT NAMED RISING STAR
- Christmas Clearing Council announces Angel Award winners