The 48th annual Waukesha County Courthouse Art Purchase Award contest which is co-sponsored by the Waukesha County Courthouse and the Waukesha Creative Arts League is underway! Waukesha County residents 18 years of age and older are eligible to enter. A cash award of $350 will be awarded Best of Show and will be on display as a part of the Courthouse’s permanent art collection. There will also be cash awards for Second and Third Place winners. In addition, there will be ribbons and certificates awarded to honorable mentions, a People’s Choice, and a Fellow Artist.
A professional artist will judge the work, which must be original (no kits, crafts, or copies of originals such as lithographs or giclees will be accepted. Work may be either 2 or 3-dimensional.
To obtain an entry form, email the coordinator Jan Wood at email@example.com, or call her at 414-422-0681 (leave a message with spelling of your name and provide address and phone number).
Dates to remember:
Entry form and fee of $20 ($15 if WCAL member) due Friday September 19th, 2014.
Artwork drop off at the Waukesha County Courthouse is Wednesday, October 1st, between 4 – 6 p.m. Address is 515 W. Moreland Blvd, Waukesha WI. Bring up to two pieces, use the main entrance. The art gallery is in the lower level
Artists Reception is Wednesday October 8th from 5 – 8 p.m.
Winners will be announced to the public Monday, October 13th.
Show ends and artwork is to be picked up Wednesday, October 29th between 4 – 6 p.m.
Best of luck to all who enter!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help