The 48th annual Waukesha County Courthouse Art Purchase Award contest which is co-sponsored by the Waukesha County Courthouse and the Waukesha Creative Arts League is underway! Waukesha County residents 18 years of age and older are eligible to enter. A cash award of $350 will be awarded Best of Show and will be on display as a part of the Courthouse’s permanent art collection. There will also be cash awards for Second and Third Place winners. In addition, there will be ribbons and certificates awarded to honorable mentions, a People’s Choice, and a Fellow Artist.
A professional artist will judge the work, which must be original (no kits, crafts, or copies of originals such as lithographs or giclees will be accepted. Work may be either 2 or 3-dimensional.
To obtain an entry form, email the coordinator Jan Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call her at 414-422-0681 (leave a message with spelling of your name and provide address and phone number).
Dates to remember:
Entry form and fee of $20 ($15 if WCAL member) due Friday September 19th, 2014.
Artwork drop off at the Waukesha County Courthouse is Wednesday, October 1st, between 4 – 6 p.m. Address is 515 W. Moreland Blvd, Waukesha WI. Bring up to two pieces, use the main entrance. The art gallery is in the lower level
Artists Reception is Wednesday October 8th from 5 – 8 p.m.
Winners will be announced to the public Monday, October 13th.
Show ends and artwork is to be picked up Wednesday, October 29th between 4 – 6 p.m.
Best of luck to all who enter!
- Color Craze at the Wauwatosa Library
- Jim and Tom Palzewicz of ActionCOACH of Elm Grove win Bravo! Entrepreneur award
- Playground at Malone Thanks All Who Helped
- Twice Baked Pottery to host Terri Lockwood for DRAW!
- Downtown Racine Art Walk -- DRAW -- Is Back!
- Electricity Program at Wauwatosa Library
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- IHN Names Lenzner VP of Clinical Integration
- Milwaukee local graduates from Concord Law School
- Annex Wealth Management Named to Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers List for Third Consecutive Year