FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information Contact:
Mary Makowski, Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(July 9, 2014)—United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following volunteer opportunities:
Green Power Garden Volunteers – Waukesha
Green Power Garden is a community project which provides fresh produce to clients of Hope Center and the Waukesha Food Pantry. This garden is solely run by volunteers who help start seeds for planting, plant, maintain and harvest. We are looking for volunteers who can help maintain the gardens as well as aid in the planting and harvesting of the crops. Open to all ages. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
SAG (Support & Gear) Driver - Pewaukee
Help create a world free of multiple sclerosis by being a SAG (support and gear) volunteer at Bike MS. Drive one of our support vehicles with a HAM radio operator to assist with any issues along the route. Travel the route to help participants who may need assistance or help getting to the next rest stop/finish line. We prefer you commit to driving for the weekend. Background check and driver’s license required. Date of the event is scheduled for August 2nd, 2014. Must be 18 years or older.
Data Entry - Waukesha
Stillwaters Cancer Support Services is seeking a dedicated volunteer to join our valued data entry team. This individual would be responsible for entering confidential information into our database. You will have the opportunity to work independently and make a positive impact on our daily function. We are asking for two, four hour shifts per month at our Waukesha office. We can be flexible with both time and day of the week, but do ask for consistency. The right volunteer will receive training from our program director, but basic computer, typing and database skills are needed. Because of the confidential nature of the information, you will also be asked to submit to a background check. Must be 18 years or older.
Baby Buddies- Waukesha
Come volunteer with us during our mom and baby playgroup!! During the playgroup you will have the opportunity to model positive parent/child interactions, offer support and encouragement, educate....and ultimately impact our clients lives in a huge way! Before volunteering an interview, background check and brief orientation is necessary. Must be 18 years or older. Small groups welcome!
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help