Waukesha, WI – Effective July 1, 2014, all Waukesha County municipal drop-off sites have a new vendor for residential electronics and appliance recycling. Due to this change, sites are no longer accepting coolant-type appliances (dehumidifiers, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, etc.). Waukesha County residents can view the most accurate information regarding items accepted and site details at www.waukeshcounty.gov/recycling and then click on Drop-off Sites.
Resident can always take electronics to one of these free retail outlets (call ahead for current policy and electronics accepted):
Retail Store Locations
Best Buy 19555 W Bluemound Rd., Brookfield
3270 Golf Rd, Suite 100, Delafield
N95 W15915 Richfield Way, Menomonee Falls
Goodwill 17295 W Capitol Dr., Brookfield
W178N9315 Water Tower Place, Menomonee Falls
S74 W17035 Janesville Rd., Muskego
3590 S. Moorland Rd., New Berlin
1408 Summit Ave., Oconomowoc
2015 Meadow Lane, Pewaukee
1400 Nike Dr., Waukesha
Milwaukee PC 2722 Heritage Dr., Delafield
N91W17271 Appleton Ave., Menomonee Falls
2136 E. Moreland Blvd., Waukesha
Common electronics including computers, printers, TVs and cell phones are banned from Wisconsin landfills. Recycling electronics is mandated due to the valuable materials that can be recycled and reused, including precious metals like gold and copper. Many devices also contain hazardous materials such as lead, mercury, cadmium, chromium and chemical flame retardants that need to be disposed of properly. Wisconsin has one of the highest collection rates in the nation averaging about 6.8 pounds of electronics recycled per capita with more than 400 registered electronics collection sites in 69 (out of 72) counties. In 2013, Waukesha County residents recycled over 580 tons of electronics.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- United Way in Waukesha County Weekly Press Release
- Brookdale and Wish of a Lifetime™ Grant Brookfield Senior’s Wish
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- I/O Technologies Relocates to Accommodate Continued Business Growth, New Staff
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22