FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information Contact:
Mary Makowski, Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(July 2, 2014)—United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following volunteer opportunities:
Green Power Garden Supervisor – Waukesha
Green Power Garden is a community project which provides fresh produce to clients of Hope Center and the Waukesha Food Pantry. This garden is solely run by volunteers who help start seeds for planting, plant, maintain and harvest. We are looking for someone who can help to supervise other groups of volunteers who have been scheduled for the day. They may be corporate groups, church groups, or just a group of friends and family looking to help out for the day. The ideal volunteer will be someone who likes being outside and talking to people. You wouldn't necessarily have to be gardening the whole time the group is there. You would simply need to show the other volunteers the ropes. Must be 18 years or older.
In-Kind Donation Volunteer - Hartland
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society – WI Chapter is seeking a volunteer to assist with securing in kind donations to make our events possible! In kind donations are goods and/or services donated by organizations and are critical to the success of the National MS Society’s events. The in kind donation volunteer will have the opportunity to identify and secure in kind donations for Chapter events from our many generous donors throughout the state. Time Commitment: 2-5 hours per week. Must be 18 years or older.
A Brush with Kindness Team Leader - Waukesha
Habitat for Humanity is going to be starting an A Brush With Kindness program, where we will be working with volunteers and community members to provide exterior home improvements and minor repairs to those in need. Such projects may include exterior painting, landscaping, removal/installation of yard fences, etc. Projects through the A Brush with Kindness Program will only take one or two days to complete. Habitat for Humanity of Waukesha County is looking for team leaders and project managers with experience in one or more of the above fields as well as leading a team and organizing and dictating a project schedule. Must be 18 years or older.
St. Vincent De Paul Store Associate - Waukesha
Many volunteer opportunities are available at our Thrift Store. Positions vary to suit your interests. Whether it be tagging, pricing, and hanging clothing, displaying household items, organizing books, or assisting in our donation area to simply tidying, or light maintenance. If you have a special interest, we will 'make it fit' at our store. You must be 18 years old. There are no other specific requirements other than your desire to 'help us - help others' by sharing your time and talent.
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Comedy for a Cause Benefits Fight Against Ovarian Cancer
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Habitat Restoration at Three Sites of the Urban Ecology Center in Milwaukee