Pouf up your hair, style up your mullet, dig out those shoulder pads and step back into the 1980's! The West Allis Players will take you back in time as it presents its summer musical, "The Wedding Singer." Based upon the mega-hit movie starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, this show tells the story of Robbie Hart, a wedding reception entertainer who is looking forward to his own wedding. After he is jilted, he finds himself not only helping his new friend, Julia, plan her wedding -- all the while growing to despise her sleazy groom-to-be Glen -- but falling in love with her, too.
Veteran actors return to the West Allis stage in this production. Nicholas Callan Haubner plays the lovelorn Robbie, Jerry Krajewski is the overly-ambitious Glen Guglia. Newcomer Anna Otto is the charming Julia. Theater patrons may remember Haubner as The Cat in the Hat and Krajewski as Horton the Elephant in last summer's show, "Seussical the Musical."
"The Wedding Singer" opens July 18. Show times are: 7:30 p.m. July 18,19,25 and 26 and 2 p.m. July 27. The theater is located at 8516 W. Lincoln Avenue. Ticket prices are: Adults $20, Seniors and Students $18 and Children under 13 $12. Tickets are purchased at the door.
West Allis Players' October production will be the murder mystery, "The Cupcake Killer." When a bossy church secretary is poisoned at the annual church social held in a small town in Louisiana, the local sheriff must not only try to find a killer but must contend with a famous mystery novelist who suddenly shows up and tries to help him solve the crime.
Visit www.waplayers.org for complete show details.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 1212 Bodyworks Grand Opening
- Four New Summer Music Classes Offered at White House of Music, Waukesha
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Movin’ & Lubin’ to Unveil Winning Company Slogan, Celebrate Opening May 28
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters