With summer in full swing, though the weather didn't get the memo, Menomonee Falls Downtown has offerings for everyone. First off Purloin Studio's massive 2 month façade restoration has an end in sight. Today the windows are being installed, the decking material is in and ready to be put in place and the all important peak is almost complete. This 1800's building has not seen updating since the early 70's and this one is bringing back it's 1800- 1920's luster. Susan Corkum, owner of Purloin Studio, which is located in this building, is thrilled to see the completion in sight and is ready to move paintings and garden art back in place. The art gallery and coffeehouse have been open throughout and customers have enjoyed watching the transformation. The remodeling will allow customers to be able to sit outdoors on the raised deck and enjoy the wonderful coffees, teas and bakery all locally sourced.
For added entertainment on Main St, at noon on Fridays there are free concerts in the park next to the pond and waterfall on Main St. Wed, from 8am to 3pm the farmers market is in full swing with local growers and products for sale. Our shops and restaurants have wonderful items for the home and garden and a great stop for the morning and a bite to eat. Make Menomonee Falls Downtown Village Centre a must stop this summer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Community Says Goodbye to A Much-Loved Member - Family man and Harley-Davidson executive loses consciousness while in flight
- How to Give An Eleavator Sppech
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Ince By Ince
- Joan Carey To Speak At WINGS Event
- Milwaukee Student Named Rising Star
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame