Steve Novak and the Hoops4Health Staff our excited to bring the first ever Steve Novak Basketball Camp. This camp will feature many cool and exciting drills, games, contests, awards, and prizes. Mostly, a lot of fundamentals. Steve will be there throughout the camp workings hands on with the campers as will the highly qualified Hoops4Health Staff. The camp will be a fun and intense two days of teaching skills and drills that you will be able to take home with you to work on your game. Each day will also include a league style format and conclude with a playoff and All-Star Game. Every camper will receive a skill worksheet personally designed for them with scouting report. Join us for an exciting weekend where basketball will definitely be heating up in Wisconsin!!
Skill Work - Ball-handling, Rebounding, Shooting Form, Defense, Player Mentality (Leadership, Toughness, Heart, Communication), Passing, Game Situations (Running Offense, Screen Situations, Team Defense) Footwork, Post/Guard Skill Development
Games with a League Style Format and Playoffs
All Star Game
Tips on living a healthy lifestyle (proper rest and nutrition)
Fitness Training - Hand/Eye Coordination, speed/agility, plyometrics
Scouting Report for every player
Take Home Skill Sheet for every player (custom for each individual)
Contests and Prizes
Awards including MVP, Defense, Leadership, and Most Improved
When: Augusts 2-3
9:30AM-4PM (Check in begins at 9AM)
Campers should have a bag lunch with them both days
Where: Brown Deer High School
8060, North 60th Street, Brown Deer, WI
For: Boys and Girls Grades 3-12
(Grade entering for 2014-2015 school year)
Groups Broken Down By Age
Cost: Early Registration Before 7/20 - $155
Late Registration After 7/20 - $185
About Steve Novak
Steve is an amazing testament to perseverance and hard work. A four year college player he graduated from Marquette University with a degree in Communications. Accomplished academically he also excelled on the basketball court. His great play lead him to being an NBA draft pick by the Houston Rockets. Despite struggling his first 2 years in the NBA bouncing in and out from the NBA development league he showed immense work ethic to succeed in the NBA. And he did. Building into a strong NBA player who during the 2011-12 season lead the NBA in 3-Point Percentage (47.2%). His unique game standing 6ft10 where his specialty is not playing down low but being a machine from the 3-point and free throw lines. He continues to play and give back to the kids teaching them hard work, leadership, and correct fundamentals.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility