Signature art program of the Alzheimer’s Association expands to Ozaukee County
Mequon, Wis. – Newcastle Place, a full-service senior living community in Mequon, is pleased to announce that it is now offering Memories in the Making®, the signature art program of the Alzheimer’s Association.
Newcastle Place is the only senior living community in Ozaukee County to offer the program.
Memories in the Making® is a unique program allowing individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias the opportunity to reconnect with past memories and family members through painting and storytelling.
“We are excited to offer this innovative program and know that its benefits to our residents will be multi-faceted,” said Elizabeth Ann Fetner, interim executive director of Newcastle Place. “The Memories in the Making® program will encourage residents with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias to express themselves through art.”
Memories in the Making® art sessions are facilitated by trained artists and assistants who have extensive art backgrounds and knowledge of dementing illnesses.
ABOUT NEWCASTLE PLACE
Newcastle Place is a full-service senior living community designed to encourage its residents to live their lives to the fullest. Located in Mequon, Wis., Newcastle Place provides the perfect balance of quality services and amenities with an individualized experience that makes hundreds of people happy to call it home. Established in 2003, Newcastle Place is managed by Life Care Services™, an LCS™ company. Life Care Services is the leading manager of full-service senior living communities serving 32,000 seniors in 28 states and the District of Columbia. For additional information, please visit www.newcastleplacelcs.com.
ABOUT THE ALZHEIMER’S ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHEASTERN WISCONSIN
The Alzheimer’s Association - Southeastern Wisconsin Chapter serves a diverse 11-county region, where an estimated 50,000 people are affected by Alzheimer's disease. It’s mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
ABOUT THE MEMORIES IN THE MAKING PROGRAM
The Alzheimer’s Association Memories in the Making® program offers creative art expression for individuals with early to the middle stages of Alzheimer’s disease. Even after people with dementia have lost the ability to use words, they are able to paint their thoughts, emotions and memories in a manner that is expressive and beautiful. Art becomes their voice.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Patrick’s Day Concert with David HB Drake
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Comedy for a Cause Benefits Fight Against Ovarian Cancer
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm