BROOKFIELD, Wis. - Stan’s Fit For Your Feet and New Balance Milwaukee together were named one of the 2014 Top 10 Businesses of the Year by the Waukesha County Business Alliance and media sponsor and partner BizTimes Media. The award recognizes companies headquartered in southeastern Wisconsin that have consistent financial growth and demonstrate a commitment to good business practice through their employee relations, customer-focused commitment and community service involvement.
Stan’s and New Balance Milwaukee CEO/President Jim Sajdak said he is thrilled to see his company receive this honor.
“Awards like these serve as a wonderful reminder of the important role locally-owned and operated businesses play in our communities,” said Sajdak. “We are very proud of the personalized service we offer our customers, as well as the work we do in the community and the culture we have created with our employees. It is truly an honor to be recognized.”
The only retail company selected for this year’s awards, Stan’s and New Balance Milwaukee and the other nine businesses were honored at an awards luncheon on June 6 at the Country Springs Hotel in Pewaukee.
Last year, Sajdak and Stan’s were named 2013 National Footwear Retailer of the Year by the National Shoe Retailers Association. In addition, Stan’s and New Balance Milwaukee were named “Best Shoe Store” for the sixth year in a row on WISN’s A-List.
About Stan’s Fit For Your Feet and New Balance Milwaukee
Stan’s Fit For Your Feet is a locally-owned and operated, third generation family company. It has been in business since 1950 and specializes in quality footwear from around the world. Stan’s Fit For Your Feet’s three stores are home to Wisconsin’s largest collection of regular and hard-to-find shoe sizes.
Stan’s Fit For Your Feet’s Brookfield store is in The Plaza at 17155 W. Bluemound Rd. Its Greenfield location is in the Layton Plaza at 7405 W. Layton Ave., and its Glendale store is at 505 W. Silver Spring Dr., across from the Bayshore Town Center. Each store is open Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Sajdak family, who owns Stan’s Fit For Your Feet, also runs two New Balance Milwaukee stores. They are located in Brookfield at 17155 W. Bluemound Rd., Suite A and in Greenfield at 7411 W. Layton Ave. They operate during the same business hours as Stan’s Fit For Your Feet. For more information please visit www.StansFootwear.com or www.NewBalanceMKE.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry