I would like to thank everyone who helped me receive the 2013 Clinical Educator Award from AST. This award means the world to me.
Working with students in the operating room is one of the most rewarding careers anyone could ask for. My surgical life began in 1974 and I find it as stimulating today as the day I began. Learning to scrub all surgical procedures and having students scrub alongside gave me the opportunity to inspire them as they began their careers. After twenty four years of teaching students I find practicing Surgical Techs that I remember training working as experienced preceptors scrubbing with my current students. Danielle and Shanna; two of our current board members were former students of mine. The pride I feel watching previous students is difficult to put into words. Having been a patient and seeing familiar faces behind the masks was comforting as I drifted off to sleep knowing that my care was in excellent hands.
I plan to continue to encourage my students to attend WIAST meetings and become active in the organization that represents their future. The friendships that I have made through this organization are priceless and this award represents one of the many blessing life has given me.
Susan McNeely MS BSN CST
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Alicia, My Story
- Town of Brookfield Easter Egg Hunt
- Easter Egg Hunt!
- Brookfield Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre's "Great Expectations"
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert