I would like to thank everyone who helped me receive the 2013 Clinical Educator Award from AST. This award means the world to me.
Working with students in the operating room is one of the most rewarding careers anyone could ask for. My surgical life began in 1974 and I find it as stimulating today as the day I began. Learning to scrub all surgical procedures and having students scrub alongside gave me the opportunity to inspire them as they began their careers. After twenty four years of teaching students I find practicing Surgical Techs that I remember training working as experienced preceptors scrubbing with my current students. Danielle and Shanna; two of our current board members were former students of mine. The pride I feel watching previous students is difficult to put into words. Having been a patient and seeing familiar faces behind the masks was comforting as I drifted off to sleep knowing that my care was in excellent hands.
I plan to continue to encourage my students to attend WIAST meetings and become active in the organization that represents their future. The friendships that I have made through this organization are priceless and this award represents one of the many blessing life has given me.
Susan McNeely MS BSN CST
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Drew Lillibridge Earns Prestigious Eagle Scout Award
- Annual Pet Blessing
- HUSCO International named Employer of the Year
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Trinity UCC Hosting Craft Fair: "A Fair for all Seasons"
- Join UW-Waukesha Continuing Education for Haunted Halloween Chicago Trip
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities