I would like to thank everyone who helped me receive the 2013 Clinical Educator Award from AST. This award means the world to me.
Working with students in the operating room is one of the most rewarding careers anyone could ask for. My surgical life began in 1974 and I find it as stimulating today as the day I began. Learning to scrub all surgical procedures and having students scrub alongside gave me the opportunity to inspire them as they began their careers. After twenty four years of teaching students I find practicing Surgical Techs that I remember training working as experienced preceptors scrubbing with my current students. Danielle and Shanna; two of our current board members were former students of mine. The pride I feel watching previous students is difficult to put into words. Having been a patient and seeing familiar faces behind the masks was comforting as I drifted off to sleep knowing that my care was in excellent hands.
I plan to continue to encourage my students to attend WIAST meetings and become active in the organization that represents their future. The friendships that I have made through this organization are priceless and this award represents one of the many blessing life has given me.
Susan McNeely MS BSN CST
- The Innocent Killer
- The Importance of Sleep
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Daylily Plant Sale
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- City of Brookfield annouces Summer Concert Series Line up
- Valedictorian: Wisconsin Connections Academy Taught Me More than Academics
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart – Bathroom Faucet Innovations and Designs Take It Up a Notch
- Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington & Waukesha County Interfaith Agencies Collaborate to Address the Growing Need for Senior Transportation