Safe Babies Healthy Families greeted over 340 attendees on Thursday, May 8, 2014 as the community continues to celebrate the success of the agency’s mission. Attendees helped raise over $80,000 at the annual gala “An Evening To Remember!”
Proceeds from the evening will continue to help Safe Babies Healthy Families provide unique and specialized home visitation services for babies, toddlers and children living in high-risk environments in Waukesha County. The mission of the agency is prevention of child abuse and/or neglect and healthy early child development (up to age 5) based on the needs and assessment of each child in the program.
Attendees were treated to complimentary champagne to start the evening as they strolled the Pinwheel Garden for Prevention, bid on items at the Silent Auction, pulled for fabulous bottles of wine and had the opportunity to capture the elegance and glamour of the evening with a guest photo.
During the program, President/CEO, Nancy Major surprised the audience arriving on stage dressed in a bumble bee costume. Her message, “BEE the Change” resonated with the audience especially, when they heard via video from three parents and how the lives of their children have been enhanced due to the team and the program provided by Safe Babies Healthy Families. The video is posted on their website at www.safebabieshealthyfamilies.org for the public to view and learn more about the ways to get involved.
Safe Babies Healthy Families 2014 Award Recipients included; Outstanding Leadership-Jesus (Jess) Mireles, Waukesha County Department of Health & Human Services, Heart & Soul Award-Roundy’s Foundation/Pick & Save, Volunteer of the Year-Mary McNulty, Co-Founder, You Are Special, Achievement-Keara Flaherty, and Ron Simonis ‘Shining Star” Award-Mike Lorenz.
Safe Babies Healthy Families is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the well-being and safety of innocent babies and children in our community and driven by its belief that EVERY child deserves a chance to live a life free from abuse, neglect and poverty.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield's Knights of Columbus Are Santa's Helpers for Milwaukee's Poor
- Middle School Students Gather Toys for Milwaukee's Poor
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Brookfield resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Brandish Creative Group launches to support regional small businesses
- City of Brookfield's Winter/Spring Activity Registration, January 10, 2015
- Merry Christmas to the World!