FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information Contact:
Mary Makowski, Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(June 4, 2014)—United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following volunteer opportunities:
Bike MS Event Volunteer – Waukesha County
Help create a world free of multiple sclerosis by being part of the volunteer team at Bike Ms. This event, that will take place August 2nd, needs volunteers in order to take place. They are in need of medical volunteers, event processors, people to help set the stage, and much more during the weeks leading up to and the day of the event. If you would like to donate your time and talent,
Girl Scout Events – Southeastern Wisconsin
Be a Girl Scout Event Volunteer and share your passion, have fun, and positively impact girls' lives. Activities are already created and materials provided. Assist or lead a group of 15-20 girls grades 2-3 while girls design and run their own ice cream shoppe, make jewelry, or start a garden. Various activities and events are taking place all summer long! Requirements: Volunteers must be a minimum age of 18 years old. All volunteers must complete a brief application and background check.
Helping Kids Succeed - Waukesha
Whether you have 2 hours once or 2+ hours weekly, you can help provide backpack and supplies to students in need. We have hundred of hours this summer (6/15-8/15) to assist with supply check-in, or to help welcome supplies at Fill the Bus locations in Waukesha County on August 2, 2014 (Pewaukee, Waukesha, Oconomowoc, Delafield) and to fill the backpacks with supplies (8/1-8/22). "Many hands make light work" and the Coalition needs our community's help to be sure 2,000 students start off on the right foot this fall.
Tent Set Up – Menomonee Falls
Since 1959, Camp Pow Wow has been providing outdoor recreational opportunities for adults and children with disabilities. Located in scenic Menomonee Park, Pow Wow gives campers a taste of the camp experience without going too far from home. During the week, the campers stay in medium sized, canvas tents. We're looking for a group of 10-40 people to help set up these tents in order to prepare for camp. This task should take about 2 hours and free snacks will be provided. The date and time of this opportunity are flexible, and a group may schedule to help out on an upcoming weekday or weekend.
There will be some heavy lifting and a bit of maneuvering required in order to set up the tents.
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help