Hard to believe, but Emilia, a foreign exchange student from Chile, has been in New Berlin for more than 10 months. She will return to her hometown of Chillan, Chile in July. Emilia attended New Berlin Eisenhower High School as a senior this past academic year.
Her presence here was cosponsored by the Rotary Club of New Berlin. Emilia spoke to a club recently, and enlightened Rotarians on Chile as well as her experiences here in the United States.
In addition to enjoying many facets of life in Wisconsin--including taking in a Packers game at Lambeau Field--Emilia visited Florida during Spring Break. She recently visited Colorado and St. Louis, taking in the famous arch. She is scheduled to visit California before leaving the US.
Emilia said she's always wanted to visit the US. though didn't expect to come to Wisconsin. "I like it," she said.
The Rotary Club of New Berlin is proud to help fund Emilia's stay here in New Berlin. The club would like to thank the host families who provided for her, as well as the numerous individuals who helped make her stay pleasurable and memorable.
The Rotary Club of New Berlin is comprised of fun-loving citizens and business people committed to making New Berlin an even better community. Charted in 1970, the club has supported numerous organizations and individuals over the years. To learn more, visit our website. Feel free to join us for lunch sometime.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1