Contact: Rebecca Mattano
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: June 2, 2014
Landscape Plastics Recycling Collection Event at Johnson’s Nursery
Waukesha, WI – Johnson's Nursery, Inc. headquartered at W180 N6275 Marcy Road, in Menomonee Falls, will be holding the semi-annual landscape plastics recycling collection event on Saturday, June 14 from 8 a.m. until noon. This recycling event is a cooperative effort between Johnson's Nursery, Inc. and the Waukesha County Department of Parks and Land Use that allows residents and businesses to drop off used plastic growing pots, plant trays, and plant containers free of charge for recycling. These plastic plant containers must be free of plant debris, tags, and metals and will be sorted on site by plastic type in identified containers.
“This collaboration provides an important recycling service for Waukesha County and Southeastern WI that is made possible through this unique partnership,” stated Rebecca Mattano, Waukesha County Solid Waste Supervisor.
Johnson’s Nursery, Inc. has been in business for over 54 years. As the company grows, it continues to supply its customers with high quality plants and services but is also doing its part to reduce plastic horticultural waste. “This program provides a sustainable option for residents and businesses to close the loop through recycling used pots. These pots provide the necessary materials to manufacture new pots and ultimately divert these plastics from our local landfills,” said Chad Johnson, President and owner of Johnson’s Nursery, Inc.
Across the U.S., millions of pounds of agricultural plastics are discarded in local landfills every year although, according to East Jordan Plastics, Inc., the manufacturer and recycler of plastic plant containers, recycling plastic plant containers can recover upwards of 60% of the energy put into processing the product initially while saving landfill space.
For more information about the landscape plastics recycling event at Johnson's Nursery, Inc., visit www.johnsonsnursery.com, call 262-252-4988 or contact Waukesha County Recycling at 262-896-8300.
Johnson’s Nursery, Inc. will also be holding a native plant sale on site from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on June 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- 1212 Bodyworks Grand Opening
- Four New Summer Music Classes Offered at White House of Music, Waukesha
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Movin’ & Lubin’ to Unveil Winning Company Slogan, Celebrate Opening May 28
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest