FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information Contact:
Mary Makowski, Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(May 29, 2014)—United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following volunteer opportunities:
Provide Lifesaving Rides for Cancer Patients – Waukesha County
In an effort to offer women resources in the fight against breast cancer, the American Cancer Society and Kohl's Cares have partnered to provide the Society's Road to Recovery program in Waukesha County. If you have a few hours available Monday-Friday between 7am-5pm during the month, you can volunteer for this lifesaving program! Volunteer drivers donate their time and the use of their vehicle to take patients to treatment related appointments. They also provide encouragement and support. Volunteers must have a good driving record, a valid driver’s license, a serviceable car with seatbelts and adequate insurance coverage. Drivers must respond to all patient ride requests in a timely fashion and follow through on all commitments.
Mediator - Waukesha
If you would like to make a positive contribution to our community and learn conflict resolution skills, volunteers are needed to mediate disputes in Waukesha County. Volunteers work on a variety of cases, including small/large claims, neighborhood, family, juvenile, business, landlord/tenant & workplace. Dates and times depend on the caseload. Requirements: Volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years old and consent to a background check. Extensive training is required and provided. For more information about this opportunity, please call the Mediation Center.
Scenic Shore Bike Tour Volunteers – Southeastern Wisconsin
The Scenic Shore Bike Tour takes riders through some of the most scenic roads in the state! Volunteers are needed July 18-21st to help prepare the rest stops, serve lunch, offer support, clean up, and much more. Whether you can donate a few hours, or a whole weekend, you will feel good knowing that all proceeds are going to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to help Wisconsinites effected by blood cancer.
Fiesta Waukesha Volunteers - Waukesha
Fiesta Waukesha's mission is to promote multicultural awareness through a three-day music and cultural festival held in Frame Park on the banks of the Fox River in Waukesha. The festival is free to the public and offers a wide variety of Hispanic entertainment, Latin American cuisine, amusement rides, children's area and much more! Help is needed with Parking, Beer Tent, Soda & Water Booth, Food Ticket Booth, Café Esperanza Tent, Tear Down, Grounds Sanitation, On Call, Misc.
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help