FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information Contact:
Mary Makowski, Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(May 14, 2014)—United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following volunteer opportunities:
Audio Talking Book Editor – Volunteer from Home
Share your zest for reading with people who are blind, visually impaired, or print disabled. Help us build accessible books! Assist our Audio Department with the assembly of “Digital Talking Books” from sound files recorded by our volunteer readers. Volunteers must be 18 years old or older, be able to commit for a minimum of 4 months, have strong computer skills, and an eye for detail.
Staining Outdoor Play Structures – Menomonee Falls
Do you enjoy working outside in the warm weather and sunshine? If so, volunteering at Children's Community Center is the place for you. Children's Community Center is a preschool and childcare center located in Menomonee Falls. Monday through Friday we take care of approximately 200 children each day providing developmentally appropriate and educational opportunities.
In order to provide plenty of outside space for the children we have three large wooden outdoor play structures. Every two years our state licensing requires that all three play structures are re-stained. This staining project would be a great activity for 2 to 4 volunteers. All equipment will be supplied and you can choose your work schedule. Requirements: Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age
Customer Service Support - Waukesha
Help get residents connected to energy support by calling to offer assistance. We need volunteers to follow-up from a system list to set-up appointments to assist income eligible families that are in need of utility assistance. Volunteers with good communication skills and good customer service should call us today. You may set your schedule between the hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. Training and assistance will be provided by our staff. Requirements: must be 18 years or older and pleasant phone skills
Green Thumbs Needed – Menomonee Falls
ARCh Camp Pow Wow in Menomonee Falls is lucky to have its own fenced in garden that is handicap accessible. Each summer, over 200 campers get to learn about plants, help water, weed, and get to enjoy the vegetables that grow in the garden. To make this garden a success each year, we need volunteers to help with initial weeding, mulching, and planting of the garden. Just a few hours of your time can last all summer and be enjoyed by kids and adults with disabilities.
Dirt is involved, so prepare to get dirty. Everyone is welcome.
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help