Contact: Rebecca Mattano
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: May 19, 2014
Household Hazardous Waste Special Collections:
June 7 – Brookfield and June 21 – Delafield
Waukesha, WI – Two Waukesha County communities will hold special one-day collections of household hazardous waste in June. The City of Brookfield will hold its special collection on June 7. The City of Delafield’s special collection will be on June 21. Both collections are from 8 a.m. until noon and are open to any resident in Waukesha County.
June 7 – Brookfield Public Works – 19700 Riverview Drive
June 21 – Delafield Public Works – 111 Main Street
Old, unusable chemicals, pesticides, wood preservatives, solvents, oil-based paints, and mercury-containing products will be accepted. Latex paint, non-hazardous cleaning materials, antifreeze, motor oil and filters will not be accepted. Check with your municipal drop off site for antifreeze, motor oil and oil filter recycling.
Waukesha County’s four year-round collection sites are located in Muskego, Waukesha, Menomonee Falls, and Franklin. Proof of residency and valid identification is required at all locations at all times. For more information, including a detailed list of acceptable household hazardous waste materials, visit waukeshacounty.gov/hazardouswaste or call 262-896-8300.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Community Says Goodbye to A Much-Loved Member - Family man and Harley-Davidson executive loses consciousness while in flight
- How to Give An Eleavator Sppech
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Ince By Ince
- Joan Carey To Speak At WINGS Event
- Milwaukee Student Named Rising Star
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame