The City of Waukesha Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department (WPRF) announces tennis lessons in the Parks for all ages this summer. Lessons are a partnership between WPRF and the Waukesha Tennis Association, and will be held at Lowell, Buchner, and Prairie Parks.
“Each tennis court site has an adult coordinator with years of tennis expertise,” said Pat Grulke, Recreation Services Manager. “Amy Dorow, Heather Zukewich, Catherine Beres, and Jeff Mrochinski are all local educators and former college tennis players. We are fortunate to having this staff lead our lesson program.”
Lessons are designed for both the very beginning players to the more advanced. Pee Wee lessons (ages 4-7 years) follow the USTA Quick Start tennis program. Beginner lessons (ages 7-12 years) focus on the fundamentals of grips, strokes, serves and volleys. Intermediate lessons (ages 9-16 years) will further develop players’ tennis skills. Teen Beginner and Adult lessons are also available to players new or returning to the game.
Lessons begin June 16 and continue with two-week sessions throughout the summer. Lowell Park is located at 2201 Michigan Ave., Buchner Park is located at 231 Oakland Ave. and Prairie Park at 821 School Drive, Waukesha, WI. For registration and additional information, please call 262-524-3737 or visit www.ci.waukesha.wi.us/parks
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry