The City of Waukesha Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department (WPRF) announces tennis lessons in the Parks for all ages this summer. Lessons are a partnership between WPRF and the Waukesha Tennis Association, and will be held at Lowell, Buchner, and Prairie Parks.
“Each tennis court site has an adult coordinator with years of tennis expertise,” said Pat Grulke, Recreation Services Manager. “Amy Dorow, Heather Zukewich, Catherine Beres, and Jeff Mrochinski are all local educators and former college tennis players. We are fortunate to having this staff lead our lesson program.”
Lessons are designed for both the very beginning players to the more advanced. Pee Wee lessons (ages 4-7 years) follow the USTA Quick Start tennis program. Beginner lessons (ages 7-12 years) focus on the fundamentals of grips, strokes, serves and volleys. Intermediate lessons (ages 9-16 years) will further develop players’ tennis skills. Teen Beginner and Adult lessons are also available to players new or returning to the game.
Lessons begin June 16 and continue with two-week sessions throughout the summer. Lowell Park is located at 2201 Michigan Ave., Buchner Park is located at 231 Oakland Ave. and Prairie Park at 821 School Drive, Waukesha, WI. For registration and additional information, please call 262-524-3737 or visit www.ci.waukesha.wi.us/parks
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- Brookfield Safety Town: Then and Now
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce sponsoring Waukesha regional job fair
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening