Menomonee Falls- The Art Department of Menomonee Falls High School is proud to announce the 2014 Advanced Placement Studio Art Student Exhibition. The opening reception is Wednesday, May 21, 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Each student will have all 12 pieces from their Concentration Portfolio on display that demonstrates a depth of investigation and process of discovery. The other pieces created by the students this past year will be continuously streaming for all guests to view, along with their personal portfolios. In addition, there will be lite appetizers and beverages for your enjoyment. The show runs May 21 – June 6, 2014.
Each student completed three different portfolios, approximately 32 pieces of art, as one large portfolio for evaluation by the College Board which requires the student to show a fundamental competence and range of understanding of visual concerns and methods. The AP STUDIO ART is based on the premise that college level material can be taught successfully to secondary school students. This AP STUDIO ART program provides the only national standard for performance in the visual arts that allows students to earn college credit and/or advanced placement while still in high school. The AP STUDIO ART Program at Menomonee Falls High School consists of four different courses— 2-D Design, 2-D Photography, 3-D Design and Drawing/Painting; corresponding to the most common college foundation courses.
All exhibits and receptions at the gallery are free and open to the public. The gallery is open Monday–Friday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm. The MFHS Art Gallery is conveniently located off of the Auditorium, W142 N8101 Merrimac Drive, Menomonee Falls, WI. For further information on the gallery, please contact gallery coordinator, Terra Chmielewski 262.255.8444 or email@example.com.
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- Brookfield Safety Town: Then and Now
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce sponsoring Waukesha regional job fair
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening