For Immediate Release
Contact: Kelly Price
JUSTICE FOR IMANI: CANDLELIGHT VIGIL FOR DOG FOUND DECEASED IN FRAME PARK
Dog possibly tortured, killed; community urging authorities to investigate. Fundraiser for Friends of MADACC to follow.
WAUKESHA, Wis. — May 3, 2014 — Wisconsin Citizens Against Animal Abuse is holding a candlelight vigil on Saturday, May 3 at 8 p.m. at the gazebo at Frame Park in downtown Waukesha at 151 E. St. Paul Avenue. The vigil is in remembrance of a female dog found deceased in Frame Park, and other victims of animal cruelty and abuse.
On April 24, a female dog was found in Frame Park. She was possibly tortured and killed. The Good Samaritan that found the dog named her Imani.
“We ask all animal-lovers to join us at Frame Park and let animal abusers know that their behavior will no longer be tolerated,” said Kelly Price, a spokesperson for the group. “We are strongly encouraging the local authorities to investigate this situation and be a voice for Imani and all other victims of animal cruelty.”
Attendees are encouraged to bring their social, leashed dogs to the vigil. Immediately following the vigil, Magellan’s, 370 W. Main St. in Waukesha, is hosting a fundraiser for Friends of MADACC. All money raised from select beer purchases will be earmarked for increased spay/neuter of pit bull-type dogs in an effort to increase adoptions.
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends...An Evening for Adults
- Locally Owned MOZZALUNA PIZZERIA & RISTORANTE is doing a Free Pizza Give Away on 9/25/14
- Operation Forward March to Benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- Operation Forward March to benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- HillYeah! Named a Silver Spokes Team for 2014 Bike MS Fundraising Efforts
- Maple Avenue earns state high progress award
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Nain Lutheran Church Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- Milwaukee NARI Home Improvement & Remodeling Show