For Immediate Release
Contact: Kelly Price
JUSTICE FOR IMANI: CANDLELIGHT VIGIL FOR DOG FOUND DECEASED IN FRAME PARK
Dog possibly tortured, killed; community urging authorities to investigate. Fundraiser for Friends of MADACC to follow.
WAUKESHA, Wis. — May 3, 2014 — Wisconsin Citizens Against Animal Abuse is holding a candlelight vigil on Saturday, May 3 at 8 p.m. at the gazebo at Frame Park in downtown Waukesha at 151 E. St. Paul Avenue. The vigil is in remembrance of a female dog found deceased in Frame Park, and other victims of animal cruelty and abuse.
On April 24, a female dog was found in Frame Park. She was possibly tortured and killed. The Good Samaritan that found the dog named her Imani.
“We ask all animal-lovers to join us at Frame Park and let animal abusers know that their behavior will no longer be tolerated,” said Kelly Price, a spokesperson for the group. “We are strongly encouraging the local authorities to investigate this situation and be a voice for Imani and all other victims of animal cruelty.”
Attendees are encouraged to bring their social, leashed dogs to the vigil. Immediately following the vigil, Magellan’s, 370 W. Main St. in Waukesha, is hosting a fundraiser for Friends of MADACC. All money raised from select beer purchases will be earmarked for increased spay/neuter of pit bull-type dogs in an effort to increase adoptions.
# # #
- Brookfield Safety Town: Then and Now
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce sponsoring Waukesha regional job fair
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- The Flying Electrons Airfest 2016
- Toomas Mitt and TBG Networks change direction of company; introduces POM services