In a Benefit Concert for The Adaptive Community Approach Program, The Waukesha Area Symphonic Band will feature the young winner of the tenth annual concerto competition, Julia Simpson from Oconomowoc, on oboe.
Music Director, Rick Kirby, will lead the ensemble on music by Ralph Vaughan Williams, Charles Rochester Young, Dmitri Shostakovich and Rick Kirby, among others. Local favorite, Mark Helgert will narrate "Casey at the Bat" with the band.
Tickets are $10 at the door and benefit ACAP, which helps adults with disabilities contribute to society. Concert is at 7:30 pm on Friday, May 2, 2014 at Shattuck Auditorium, Carroll University, 218 N East Ave in Waukesha. www.wasband.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BEACHCOMBER SALON PLANS SEPTEMBER 11TH FUNDRAISER
- The "LifeStory Memoir Writer's" Workshop
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- Annual Used Book Sale to be Held in September
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- Local Job Fair Held to Hire Seasonal Associates for BuySeasons, Inc.
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Holy Cross to host “Something for Everyone,” a Community Block Party Celebration on September 5th and 6th
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition