In a Benefit Concert for The Adaptive Community Approach Program, The Waukesha Area Symphonic Band will feature the young winner of the tenth annual concerto competition, Julia Simpson from Oconomowoc, on oboe.
Music Director, Rick Kirby, will lead the ensemble on music by Ralph Vaughan Williams, Charles Rochester Young, Dmitri Shostakovich and Rick Kirby, among others. Local favorite, Mark Helgert will narrate "Casey at the Bat" with the band.
Tickets are $10 at the door and benefit ACAP, which helps adults with disabilities contribute to society. Concert is at 7:30 pm on Friday, May 2, 2014 at Shattuck Auditorium, Carroll University, 218 N East Ave in Waukesha. www.wasband.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Comedy for a Cause Benefits Fight Against Ovarian Cancer
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Habitat Restoration at Three Sites of the Urban Ecology Center in Milwaukee