In a Benefit Concert for The Adaptive Community Approach Program, The Waukesha Area Symphonic Band will feature the young winner of the tenth annual concerto competition, Julia Simpson from Oconomowoc, on oboe.
Music Director, Rick Kirby, will lead the ensemble on music by Ralph Vaughan Williams, Charles Rochester Young, Dmitri Shostakovich and Rick Kirby, among others. Local favorite, Mark Helgert will narrate "Casey at the Bat" with the band.
Tickets are $10 at the door and benefit ACAP, which helps adults with disabilities contribute to society. Concert is at 7:30 pm on Friday, May 2, 2014 at Shattuck Auditorium, Carroll University, 218 N East Ave in Waukesha. www.wasband.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wayne Vandenbergh Joins R.A. Smith National as Structural Services Project Manager
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: New Consumer Reports Data Highlight Patients’ Satisfaction with Chiropractic Care
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon
- Community Canine Health Clinic
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Puzzles Good for a Child’s Developing Brain
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on January 28, 2015
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Daddy & Daughter Dance Party
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County