In a Benefit Concert for The Adaptive Community Approach Program, The Waukesha Area Symphonic Band will feature the young winner of the tenth annual concerto competition, Julia Simpson from Oconomowoc, on oboe.
Music Director, Rick Kirby, will lead the ensemble on music by Ralph Vaughan Williams, Charles Rochester Young, Dmitri Shostakovich and Rick Kirby, among others. Local favorite, Mark Helgert will narrate "Casey at the Bat" with the band.
Tickets are $10 at the door and benefit ACAP, which helps adults with disabilities contribute to society. Concert is at 7:30 pm on Friday, May 2, 2014 at Shattuck Auditorium, Carroll University, 218 N East Ave in Waukesha. www.wasband.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- United Way in Waukesha County Weekly Press Release
- Brookdale and Wish of a Lifetime™ Grant Brookfield Senior’s Wish
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- I/O Technologies Relocates to Accommodate Continued Business Growth, New Staff
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22