In a Benefit Concert for The Adaptive Community Approach Program, The Waukesha Area Symphonic Band will feature the young winner of the tenth annual concerto competition, Julia Simpson from Oconomowoc, on oboe.
Music Director, Rick Kirby, will lead the ensemble on music by Ralph Vaughan Williams, Charles Rochester Young, Dmitri Shostakovich and Rick Kirby, among others. Local favorite, Mark Helgert will narrate "Casey at the Bat" with the band.
Tickets are $10 at the door and benefit ACAP, which helps adults with disabilities contribute to society. Concert is at 7:30 pm on Friday, May 2, 2014 at Shattuck Auditorium, Carroll University, 218 N East Ave in Waukesha. www.wasband.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BIRCofWI Community Store: Resale, Thrift, and Gift Shop The Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc. is moving from Big Bend to Waukesha, Wisconsin!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Types of Allergies
- SDNB Awarded $100K for Innovative School-to-Work Programs
- Youth Cheerleading Registration Now Open!
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Meal!
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness