In a Benefit Concert for The Adaptive Community Approach Program, The Waukesha Area Symphonic Band will feature the young winner of the tenth annual concerto competition, Julia Simpson from Oconomowoc, on oboe.
Music Director, Rick Kirby, will lead the ensemble on music by Ralph Vaughan Williams, Charles Rochester Young, Dmitri Shostakovich and Rick Kirby, among others. Local favorite, Mark Helgert will narrate "Casey at the Bat" with the band.
Tickets are $10 at the door and benefit ACAP, which helps adults with disabilities contribute to society. Concert is at 7:30 pm on Friday, May 2, 2014 at Shattuck Auditorium, Carroll University, 218 N East Ave in Waukesha. www.wasband.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Trinity UCC Hosting Craft Fair: "A Fair for all Seasons"
- Join UW-Waukesha Continuing Education for Haunted Halloween Chicago Trip
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Autumn Harvest Bowl Disc Golf Event for the Food Pantry of Waukesha County
- Brew City Pet Services Attends International Pet-Sitter Conference
- IndependenceFirst presents ‘Threads of the World’
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- BSI is Best In Show at STRUT
- Trendevous Fall Fashion Show and Beauty Event at Boston Store Brookfield Square
- American Diabetes Association's Milwaukee's Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes