In a Benefit Concert for The Adaptive Community Approach Program, The Waukesha Area Symphonic Band will feature the young winner of the tenth annual concerto competition, Julia Simpson from Oconomowoc, on oboe.
Music Director, Rick Kirby, will lead the ensemble on music by Ralph Vaughan Williams, Charles Rochester Young, Dmitri Shostakovich and Rick Kirby, among others. Local favorite, Mark Helgert will narrate "Casey at the Bat" with the band.
Tickets are $10 at the door and benefit ACAP, which helps adults with disabilities contribute to society. Concert is at 7:30 pm on Friday, May 2, 2014 at Shattuck Auditorium, Carroll University, 218 N East Ave in Waukesha. www.wasband.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Named One of the Top Footwear Stores In America
- Local Artisans complete work at Lambeau Field
- Newcastle Place to sponsor Kids & Seniors Day at Lakeshore Chinooks game
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- Three Professionals Bring New Expertise, Experience to ActionCOACH Business Coaching
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Aimee Berg's Brain Tumors
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- Quincy University's Rachael Binash garners All Academic Honors in Volleyball