The Milwaukee Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women invites women from the Milwaukee Archdiocese to attend their 94th Annual Convention on Friday, May 2, 2014 and Saturday, May 3, 2014 at St. Mary's Visitation Church, 1260 Church Street in Elm Grove, Wisconsin. The theme of this year's convention is "Be the Voice of Catholic Women - Confidence, Hope and Joy!"
On Friday, May 2, 2014, the Convention will kick off at 5:00 pm with a Social Hour where wine and cheese will be served. Raffle opportunities will also be available. This will be followed by a banquet starting at 6:00 pm during which MACCW high school scholarship recipients will be announced. Following dinner, the Jazz Combo from Port Washington, Wisconsin will perform. The cost to attend Friday's event is $30.00.
On Saturday, May 3, 2014, the MACCW Convention will begin at 8:00 am with registration and a continental breakfast. At 9:00 am, Father Tim Kitzke will speak on "The Voices of Catholic Women: The New Breath of Themes Emerging from the Papacy of Pope Francis". Following his presentation, Mass will be celebrated after which lunch will be served.
After lunch, Rebecca Woodhull Ph.D., President of the National Council of Catholic Women, Art and Mary Ann Wigchers, Catholic Relief Services Ambassadors and Fr. Dom Roscioli, Spiritual Advisor for the Milwaukee Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women will speak. In addition, winners of the Our Lady of Good Counsel Recognition Award will be announced.
The cost to attend Saturday's event which includes a continental breakfast and lunch is $25.00. Raffle opportunities will be available. In addition, donations of any new men's, women's or children's socks for the "Socks for Baby Jesus" campaign will be gladly accepted for homeless shelters in Milwaukee.
To attend the MACCW Convention on both days, the cost is $50.00. To make your reservation, please make your check payable to MACCW and send it with your registration form to: MACCW, P.O. Box 756, Elm Grove, WI 53122. Registration forms can be downloaded at www.maccw.com. All reservations must be received no later than April 26, 2014.
For more information about this truly inspiring event, visit": www.maccw.com or call: 262)797-0937.
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- The fine line between enabling or disabling Waukesha inmates.
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event