A team of students from Waukesha STEM Academy - Saratoga Campus will be traveling to Anaheim, California in a month to participate in a Vex World Robotics Competition. After months of building, practicing, planning, designing, programming and collaborating, Team Team Anonymous qualified to attend Worlds at the Wisconsin State Competition in early March.
Work on the robot began as early as last summer when the rules for this year’s competition, “Toss Up”, were released to the public. Each tournament has the same game field that teams from around the country, and world, build robots to score points in a series of matches. Teams work in alliance with other teams making strategy and collaboration important keys to success.
The road to Worlds began with the Milwaukesha Tournament in November where the team was in one of the top alliances, qualifying them for the state tournament. Modifications were made to the robot before another tournament in January in Menasha, WI. Finally, the state competition rolled around in March and the team won the Design Award, automatically qualifying them for Worlds. The Design Award is an assessment of the team’s Design Notebook which outlines the design process the team followed through all robot modifications.
Team Team Anonymous is working hard to ensure that all 8 team members will be able to make it the World Competition. They are trying to raise enough money to cover travel expenses for all students as well as pay for additional purchase parts the robot needs to be ready for a world competition! If you are interested in supporting the team in their goal, please visit http://www.gofundme.com/7e9cqg. The team is looking forward to representing Waukesha, Waukesha STEM Academy and Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ice Cream Social at the Brookfield Public Library
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- ART TO ART: True Stories
- High Tech Comes to Hair Replacement Business
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: 5 Easy Ways to Boost Your Metabolism
- Kevin Rey Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care