Hamilton High School choir students participated March 15 in the District Solo and Ensemble Music Festival held at Shorewood High School. One of Hamilton’s most successful choral festivals in school history, more than 25 students qualified for state.
Students entered as individual soloists, part of an ensemble or both. A Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) judge rated them on a I-V system with I as the highest. Students who performed music from Class A were eligible to receive a *I rating denoting that they will advance to the state music festival April 26 at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
The following band students earned the right to compete at the state festival:
•Gabriela Fuhriman, vocal solo;
•Erin McKee and Mary Jo Ludin, vocal duet;
•Amanda Rae Pintor, vocal solo;
•Veronica Ludin, vocal solo;
•Gabriela Fuhriman and Hannah Menzel, vocal duet;
•Mary Jo Ludin, musical theater solo;
•Lindsey Paquette, vocal solo;
•Sarah Sankey, vocal solo;
•Hannah Menzel, musical theater solo;
•Dominic Pino, piano solo; and
•A Cappella Choir: Zackary Buschke, Emma Chung, Alexandra Fischer, Gabriela Fuhriman, Angela Hastings, Daniel Joll, Sam Kivimaki, Holly Klima, Kira Lange, Mary Jo Ludin, Rebekah Mareno, Erin McKee, Chloe McPherson, Hannah Menzel, Kaitlyn Miller, Alison Moore, Lindsey Paquette, Amanda Rae Pintor, Devin Sartler, Bradley Schissel, Taylor Schnitzka, Nicole Thom and Andrew Zavadsky, madrigal piece.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help