Hamilton High School’s Charger Robotics Team 537 wrapped up a successful season earning team records in two regional FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) robotics competitions.
Team 537’s “Clifford the Big Red Bot” placed first among 60 in the 2014 FIRST Wisconsin Regional Robotics competition earning a team record of first seed alliance for the elimination matches. The team advanced to the semifinal match. A team record of third place seed overall was earned at the earlier Crossroads Regional competition.
Charger Robotics team members were featured on CNN in a story about development of America's next leaders through their involvement with Robotics. The story can be read online at http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1112148?ref=email.
A total of 70 Hamilton students are involved in Charger Robotics, which is supported by QuadTech, Rockwell Automation, GE Healthcare and Centare through financial donations and employee mentors. The team is advised by Hamilton teacher Lori Hinytz and co-advised by Kari Woods. To learn more about the Charger Robotics team, visit http://team537.org/.
Hamilton High School is located at W220 N6151 Town Line Road, Sussex.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wayne Vandenbergh Joins R.A. Smith National as Structural Services Project Manager
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: New Consumer Reports Data Highlight Patients’ Satisfaction with Chiropractic Care
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon
- Community Canine Health Clinic
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Puzzles Good for a Child’s Developing Brain
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on January 28, 2015
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Daddy & Daughter Dance Party
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County