Hamilton High School’s Charger Robotics Team 537 wrapped up a successful season earning team records in two regional FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) robotics competitions.
Team 537’s “Clifford the Big Red Bot” placed first among 60 in the 2014 FIRST Wisconsin Regional Robotics competition earning a team record of first seed alliance for the elimination matches. The team advanced to the semifinal match. A team record of third place seed overall was earned at the earlier Crossroads Regional competition.
Charger Robotics team members were featured on CNN in a story about development of America's next leaders through their involvement with Robotics. The story can be read online at http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1112148?ref=email.
A total of 70 Hamilton students are involved in Charger Robotics, which is supported by QuadTech, Rockwell Automation, GE Healthcare and Centare through financial donations and employee mentors. The team is advised by Hamilton teacher Lori Hinytz and co-advised by Kari Woods. To learn more about the Charger Robotics team, visit http://team537.org/.
Hamilton High School is located at W220 N6151 Town Line Road, Sussex.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Smart Choice MRI Opens New Location in Waukesha County
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Green Bay Packers Youth Football Camps
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015
- Allison Quartuccio of Denali Realty Group honored with first-ever Volunteer of the year award
- With Holidays Upon Us, BBB Offers Travel Insurance Tips