Wisconsin Hills Middle School 7th grade students Siddharth Kulkarni and Sophie LaRose brought home the first place trophy at the State Forensics Tournament for their outstanding presentation in their respective categories.
Siddharth presented his piece in the category “Moments in History”. His challenge was to inform the audience about a moment between 1930s –1950s. His topic was on “The assassination of Mahatma Gandhi” and the situations in India during that period leading up to the assassination. Siddharth secured the first place in all the meets he participated this season.
Sophie presented her piece in the “Demonstration” category. Her demonstration was entitled "How Even a 7th Grader Can Save a Life: Be a Hero, Not a Bystander". She demonstrated how to use an automated external defibrillator and CPR.
The school sent 8 students to the state competition on March 22nd 2014, with two students advancing in their respective categories to power round and ultimately winning the state championship.
The word "forensics" has Latin roots, tracing back to when ancient Greeks - who greatly valued democracy and public speech - would use their speaking skills in forums to communicate important ideas and values.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Easy Organic Fall Leaf & Lawn Care Workshop
- Brookfield Library Friends Used Book Sale
- Register for Dance Classes Now!
- Trained Children's Vision Screeners Needed
- Speakers Series Spotlights the Beatles
- ALLEGRO DANCE CLASS REGISTRATION - SIGN UP NOW!
- Main Street Song & Dance Holding Auditions this Week!
- Milwaukee Community Says Goodbye to A Much-Loved Member - Family man and Harley-Davidson executive loses consciousness while in flight
- How to Give An Eleavator Sppech
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check