The selection committee for the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation Scholarship and Fellowship Program has announced recipients of the 2014 Herb Kohl Foundation awards for students and teachers. An Oak Creek resident and 1992 graduate of Cudahy High School, Bill Kujawa was named a Fellowship award recipient. Kujawa is a mathematics teacher and department chair at Brookfield East High School. Fellowship recipients are chosen for their superior ability to inspire a love of learning in their students, their ability to motivate others, and for their leadership and service within and outside the classroom.
Fellowship recipients are selected by a statewide committee composed of civic leaders, representatives of education-related associations and the program’s co-sponsors: The Wisconsin Newspaper Association Foundation, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, Wisconsin Council of Religious and Independent Schools (WCRIS), and regional Cooperative Educational Service Agencies (CESA).
Earning this award places Kujawa in consideration for the Wisconsin Teacher of the Year. These Teachers of the Year will come to Madison to be interviewed to select Wisconsin's nominee to the National Teacher of the Year program. Bill will be honored with other recipients at a luncheon on March 30 at Brown Deer High School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- Local Job Fair Held to Hire Seasonal Associates for BuySeasons, Inc.
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Holy Cross to host “Something for Everyone,” a Community Block Party Celebration on September 5th and 6th
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- THE MYTHS AND REALITIES OF COLLEGE RECRUITING
- Put some WOW into your job search!
- Local Resident Volunteering At Sunset Playhouse
- Fox Brook Park open during Barker Road Construction