Brookfield East H. S. (BEHS) was a hive of speech activity over the weekend as it played host to simultaneous forensics tournaments. The BEHS team held its annual Brookfield East Spartan Invitational. In addition, the 2014 Milwaukee Catholic Forensics League (MCFL) Speech Qualifier was taking place at the same location. There were 260 competitors representing 26 schools in the BEHS event organized by head coach, Katie McClellan and 160 competitors representing over 20 schools for the MCFL event organized by debate team head coach, Steve Sexton. The top competitors in the MCFL event were competing for qualifying spots for the NCFL Grand National Tournament which will take place in Chicago May 23-25 2014.
Coach McClellan summed up her feelings in this email message:
”You [the team] all made me so very proud yesterday! Thank you to all who volunteered their time and energy into making the dual home tournament a success! Thank you all for performing amazingly well! Thank you for being so kind and supportive! You ROCK!"
Below are the results from both tournaments:
Brookfield East Invitational
(Full results: https://www.tabroom.com/index/tourn/index.mhtml?tourn_id=2709)
1st: Mihir Trivedi
3rd: Nithin Alexander
Finalist: Will Bartkowski
Finalist: Colin Gray- Hoehn
1st: Kristin Leong
1st: Suchir Bhatt
2nd: Ryan Wolff
Finalist: Abby Weisse
1st: Katie McKibbin & Katie Seim
2nd: Sean Wei
Finalist: Joe Abolt
1st: Archit Baskaran
3rd: Bella Hyndiuk & Michelle Lazar
Finalist: Steven DeGarmo & Ethan Butt
Finalist: Emily Leong
1st: Georgie Wellnitz
3rd: Maggie Dentino
1st: Andrew Kluck
2nd: Andy Kalenak
Finalist: Zach Zandi
Finalist: Jonas Demuri-Siliunas
1st: Alex Wang
2014 Milwaukee CFL Speech Qualifier
(Full results here: https://www.tabroom.com/index/tourn/index.mhtml?tourn_id=2759)
Kali Carrasco & George Black
Noah Haselow & Nihal Nurbhasha
Great job everyone and what a great end to the regular season.
Next tournament: 2014 State Forensics/Congress Tournament will be held at Ripon College on March 28-29.
Follow the team on facebook to keep up-to-date:
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- College Works Painting Internship
- American Lung Association’s State of Tobacco Control 2016 Gives Wisconsin Mixed Grades for Efforts to Save Lives by Reducing Tobacco Use
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership